I Am an American: The Wong Kim Ark Story

by Martha Brockenbrough

"A timely and important picture book that introduces readers to Wong Kim Ark, who challenged the Supreme Court for his right to be an American citizen"--

I think this is an important story to share, however, I wish there was more context and details given. The map on the inside of the cover could have been explained -- just where in San Francisco is Chinatown, history of it, etc.? Also, I am not sure the illustrations will grab a young reader. ( )
  AnnesLibrary | Jan 28, 2024 |
Nonfiction picture books have been a revelation for me this year. They're great for kids, of course, but also a quick way for adults to learn about a person, place, movement, etc. They often have an author's note at the back with additional factual information.

I talked about this book on episode 154 of the Book Cougars (https://www.bookcougars.com/blog-1/2022/episode154) ( )
  Chris.Wolak | Oct 13, 2022 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,876,196 books! | Top bar: Always visible