Harry Potter und der Gefangene von Askaban…

Harry Potter und der Gefangene von Askaban (German Edition of Harry Potter… (original 1999; edition 1855)

Series: Harry Potter (3)

91,7878933 (4.4)9 / 893
During his third year at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, Harry Potter must confront the devious and dangerous wizard responsible for his parents' deaths.
Member:miriamel23
Title:Harry Potter und der Gefangene von Askaban (German Edition of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) by J.K. Rowling (2000-01-20)
Authors:
Info:French & European Pubns (1855)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling (1999)

1990s (31)
Elevenses (132)
Ghosts (108)
books (1)

English (833)  Dutch (11)  Spanish (8)  French (8)  German (8)  Italian (4)  Swedish (4)  Portuguese (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Finnish (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Danish (1)  Lithuanian (1)  All languages (885)
My fave book of the series so far. Things take a dark turn when you start talking about a murderous wizard with a traitorous secret who’s on the loose, especially when he’s dangerous enough to warrant warning the muggles about him.

I like the complexity of the plot, lots of twists toward the end, and the fact that the big reveal was a slow one was a nice pace change; it really heightened the drama and suspense.

Maybe one reason I’m just not in love with these books is that the Main Three are just not super. There are plenty of charming and enjoyable second tier characters, but Harry is distrustful and not super trustworthy himself (yes, he has reason to be wary of authority figures and adults in general, but when he just decides to lie on his final exam because that’s what Ron did? That’s a character issue), Hermione is the voice of reason, but she can come off as whiny and a know-it-all (everyone says so) and Ron is just kind of mediocre. He’s loyal tho, so that’s not bad.

It bothers me that these three consistently get themselves in over their heads, mostly by ignoring the advice of a competent adult with far more life experience and magical ability, and then experience little to no consequence as a result. Yes, Snape picks on Harry viciously, but when even the Minister or Magic shows excessive favoritism and makes excuses for him breaking serious rules, I kind of don’t blame him. If anything, my estimation of Snape is bolstered a bit. His motives weren’t pure, but he did the right thing and protected and cared for his least favorite students, even when it must have rankled him terribly to do so, and nothing turned out in his favor as a result.

Annrosenzweig | Oct 15, 2021 |
great book, love it. its great
  gracetest | Oct 1, 2021 |
I haven't read this one in full since childhood, but I re-read the Shrieking Shack scene and the ending in 2016 and they're amazing. And of course I love Lupin and Sirius. ( )
  LimeadeIsLife | Sep 25, 2021 |
Still my favorite of the series. Brilliant plot and, for the first time, Harry seems to trust an adult. :) I loved Lupin and actually seemed to understand Snape for the first time. I don't know if that is because Rowling allows Harry to notice more detail or if, having read the final books, my understanding is greater.

1st review: Great book! I liked the twists here and, although I wasn't as much of a critic at the first reading, I still feel much fondness for it which clouds my ability to further critique it. ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |
This is still my favorite Harry Potter novel. My 8 year old found it a little scary. ( )
  RakishaBPL | Sep 24, 2021 |
All current reviews of Harry Potter books should probably be addressed to some future audience for whom Harry is book rather than phenomenon; at the moment, reviews seem superfluous. For the record, then, O future reader, this latest installment in Harry’s saga is quite a good book.

So far, in terms of plot, the books do nothing very new, but they do it brilliantly

Igual que en las dos primeras partes de la serie –La piedra filosofal y La cámara secreta– Harry aguarda con impaciencia el inicio del tercer curso en el Colegio Hogwarts de Magia y Hechicería. Tras haber cumplido los trece años, solo y lejos de sus amigos de Hogwarts, Harry se pelea con su bigotuda tía Marge, a la que convierte en globo, y debe huir en un autobús mágico. Mientras tanto, de la prisión de Azkaban se ha escapado un terrible villano, Sirius Black, un asesino en serie con poderes mágicos que fue cómplice de lord Voldemort y que parece dispuesto a eliminar a Harry del mapa. Y por si esto fuera poco, Harry deberá enfrentarse también a unos terribles monstruos, los dementores, seres abominables capaces de robarles la felicidad a los magos y de borrar todo recuerdo hermoso de aquellos que osan mirarlos. Lo que ninguno de estos malvados personajes sabe es que Harry, con la ayuda de sus fieles amigos Ron y Hermione, es capaz de todo y mucho más.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

To Jill Prewett and Aine Kiely,
the Godmothers of Swing
J.K. Rowling
For Tony and Jo
with thanks for being such wonderful friends
Jim Kay
Harry Potter was a highly unusual boy in many ways.

The Wizarding world is shocked to hear a mass Murderer has escaped from the prison they call Azkaban. Sirius Black is said to have murdered countless muggles (non magic folk) and parents are locking up their children. Harry Potter has started school and is going on his first trip to Hogs Mead when by shear luck he overhears the Miniter for Magic wisper his name. Harry Follows him using his invisibility cloak and discovers why Mr Weasley warned him about Black personally before school had started. Sirius Black had been a friend of his Parents, was the one who sold them out to Voldemort and worst of all he was and still is to this day Harry's God Father. Harry knows thats why Sirius has escaped, he knows he's coming for him and he can't wait because when he finds him, Harry will be ready.......Full of death and Suspense, this book is defiantly the darkest yet and shows that Magic isn't just cool tricks and bright lights.

AR Level 6.7, 18 pts
Dvanaest dugih godina tvrđava Askaban skrivala je među svojim zidinama tajanstvenog zatvorenika po imenu Sirijus Blek. Optužen da je ubio trinaestoro ljudi bacivši na njih kletvu i za njega se smatra da je neposredni naslednik gospodara tame, lorda Voldemora.
Sada je pobegao i živi tamo gde može da bude glavni: kada je Hari Poter porazio Znate-već-koga to je bio i pad Bleka. Čuvari tvrđave Askaban čuli su kako Blek mrmlja u snu: "On je u Hogvortsu, on je u Hogvortsu..." Hari Poter nije bezbedan čak ni u čarobnjačkoj školi gde je okružen svojim prijateljima zato što se sumnja da je među njima izdajnik...
Made a mistake by

establishing time travel.

Will fix in book five.

(CathWhitney)
First teacher I like

turns out to be a monster.

Cannot catch a break.

(CathWhitney)
Sybil Trelawny
was right. The grim in Harry's
cup WAS Sirius.
(TheLittlePhrase)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,341,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible