Harry Potter Y El Prisionero De Azkaban…

Harry Potter Y El Prisionero De Azkaban (Spanish Edition) (original 1999; edition 2001)

by J. K. Rowling, Adolfo Munoz Garcia, Nieves Martin Azofra, Adolfo Munoz Garcia (Illustrator)

Series: Harry Potter (3)

97,4619293 (4.4)9 / 919
During his third year at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, Harry Potter must confront the devious and dangerous wizard responsible for his parents' deaths.
Member:Dark_Angel_9
Title:Harry Potter Y El Prisionero De Azkaban (Spanish Edition)
Authors:J. K. Rowling
Other authors:Adolfo Munoz Garcia, Nieves Martin Azofra, Adolfo Munoz Garcia (Illustrator)
Info:Lectorum Publications Inc (2001), Paperback, 359 pages

Work Information

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling (1999)

The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman (Leishai)
  2. 2010
    The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis (krizia_lazaro)
    The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud (readafew)
    readafew: Absolutely great and funny read.
    Ellena and the Magic Lamp by R. B. W. Culpepper (rodstar)
    The Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner (readafew)
    readafew: Worth a read.
    On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (Eucaliptus)
    Eucaliptus: It's not a fantasy but the atmosphere reminded me a lot the one in Harry Potter (especially in the story of the Marauders). However the first half of the book is very slow to read so you must have patience.
1990s (11)
Elevenses (135)
books (1)
Ghosts (267)

English (868)  Dutch (11)  French (8)  German (8)  Spanish (8)  Swedish (4)  Italian (4)  Portuguese (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Finnish (2)  Greek (1)  Danish (1)  Lithuanian (1)  All languages (922)
4.9★

[By some miracle haven't read the books or seen the movies? Maybe don't continue reading this "review".]

Rating Harry Potter books is impossible to do objectively. If I read these books for the first time now, in my thirties, I'm sure I wouldn't five-star them. As it is, when I read them now, I feel like I'm revisiting my own memories from growing up, and it's impossible for me to not love these characters and this world.

Each time I read these, I feel my perspective and feelings shift slightly. This time around the prevailing feelings were immense annoyance at what a prat Ron was through out, and this crushing sadness for Sirius (I'm tearing up even now, send help.) I think this was the first time I really considered the story from the "adults'" perspective. For what James' and Lily's deaths meant for Sirius and Remus, what an insane betrayal it was on Peter's part, how Sirius' world imploded in one night - not only the betrayal of Peter and the loss of his best friend, but also the guilt he must have carried with him. In all honesty, it's difficult to believe anyone would have survived with all of that.

I also very much loved Hermione in this. I've always liked her, but this time I really appreciated her steadfastness in sticking to what she thought was right.

These books just hurt so good. ( )
  tuusannuuska | Dec 1, 2022 |
My favorite book of the whole series. 10x better than the movie. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 30, 2022 |
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is one of my favourites of the series. The marauders make their debut in the narrative, and we gain further world-building with the Dementors. Remus Lupin as professor gives for a fantastic year for Harry and friends. ( )
  WaldensLibrary | Nov 28, 2022 |
This one and Order of the Phoenix are my two favorite Potter books, probably because of the emphasis on Sirius Black. This is also where the books start to turn dark. ( )
  Anniik | Nov 26, 2022 |
2011, 2nd read, 4 stars:
A lot better than the first two books. I could hardly put this one down. The plot was a little more complex and a little darker, and I'm glad Voldemort wasn't in this one for a change. I've noticed that a lot of things in the HP books are revealed through Harry overhearing other people talk about them, which I think is a little too convenient and repetitive. ( )
  serru | Oct 6, 2022 |
All current reviews of Harry Potter books should probably be addressed to some future audience for whom Harry is book rather than phenomenon; at the moment, reviews seem superfluous. For the record, then, O future reader, this latest installment in Harry’s saga is quite a good book.

So far, in terms of plot, the books do nothing very new, but they do it brilliantly

Igual que en las dos primeras partes de la serie –La piedra filosofal y La cámara secreta– Harry aguarda con impaciencia el inicio del tercer curso en el Colegio Hogwarts de Magia y Hechicería. Tras haber cumplido los trece años, solo y lejos de sus amigos de Hogwarts, Harry se pelea con su bigotuda tía Marge, a la que convierte en globo, y debe huir en un autobús mágico. Mientras tanto, de la prisión de Azkaban se ha escapado un terrible villano, Sirius Black, un asesino en serie con poderes mágicos que fue cómplice de lord Voldemort y que parece dispuesto a eliminar a Harry del mapa. Y por si esto fuera poco, Harry deberá enfrentarse también a unos terribles monstruos, los dementores, seres abominables capaces de robarles la felicidad a los magos y de borrar todo recuerdo hermoso de aquellos que osan mirarlos. Lo que ninguno de estos malvados personajes sabe es que Harry, con la ayuda de sus fieles amigos Ron y Hermione, es capaz de todo y mucho más.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

To Jill Prewett and Aine Kiely,
the Godmothers of Swing
J.K. Rowling
For Tony and Jo
with thanks for being such wonderful friends
Jim Kay
Harry Potter was a highly unusual boy in many ways.

For twelve long years, the dread fortress of Azkaban held an infamous prisoner named Sirius Black. Convicted of killing thirteen people with a single curse, he was said to be the heir apparent to the Dark Lord, Voldemort.

Now he has escaped, leaving only two clues as to where he might be headed: Harry Potter's defeat of You-Know-Who was Black's downfall as well. And the Azkaban guards heard Black muttering in his sleep, "He's at Hogwarts . . . he's at Hogwarts."

Harry Potter isn't safe, not even within the walls of his magical school, surrounded by his friends. Because on top of it all, there may well be a traitor in their midst.
Made a mistake by

establishing time travel.

Will fix in book five.

(CathWhitney)
First teacher I like

turns out to be a monster.

Cannot catch a break.

(CathWhitney)
Sybil Trelawny
was right. The grim in Harry's
cup WAS Sirius.
(TheLittlePhrase)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,190,228 books! | Top bar: Always visible