The Pillars of Creation (Sword of Truth, #7)…

The Pillars of Creation (Sword of Truth, #7) (original 2002; edition 2010)

by Terry Goodkind

Tormented her entire life by inhuman voices, Jennsen seeks to end her intolerable agony. She at last discovers a way to silence the voices. For everyone else, the torment is about to begin. Richard Rahl and his wife, Kahlan, have been reunited after their long separation, but with winter descending and the paralyzing dread of an army of annihilation occupying their homeland, they must venture deep into a strange and desolate land. Their quest turns to terror when they find themselves the helpless prey of a tireless hunter.Exploited by those intent on domination, Jennsen finds herself drawn into the center of a violent struggle for conquest and revenge. Worse yet, she finds her will seized by dark forces more abhorrent than anything she ever envisioned. Only then does she come to realize that the voices were real. Staggered by loss and increasingly isolated, Richard and Kahlan desperately struggle to survive. But if they are to live, they must stop the relentless, unearthly threat that comes out of the darkest night of the human soul. To do so, Richard will be called upon to face the demons stalking among the Pillars of Creation.… (more)
Member:knvr1225
Title:The Pillars of Creation (Sword of Truth, #7)
Authors:Terry Goodkind
Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition, 736 pages
Rating:*****

Work Information

The Pillars of Creation by Terry Goodkind (2002)

English (34)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (36)
Vergeleken met de vorige delen uit de serie vond ik dit een veel minder boek. Richard Rahl/Cypher kwam eigenlijk maar amper voor in het verhaal. Verhaallijn was mi. heel dun. Kan door de vertaling komen.
  EdwinKort | Oct 18, 2019 |
For 6 books, Goodkind builds these fascinating characters whom we grow to love. Then in this book, we don't see any of those characters for the first 50 chapters! Instead, we are given two new ones: the mildly entertaining Jensen Rahl and the completely boring, one-dimensional Oba Rahl.

Oba is one of the worst characters I've read in a long time. Not only is he a complete psycho, but unlike Drefan, he has no depth and constantly repeats the same things ad nauseum.

The last book left us with Richard gaining the aid of one of the most powerful beings in the world and one of the few that can teach him how to use subtractive magic. This book failed to follow up on that. And if I have to read about Richard's raptor gaze or Jagang's nightmare eyes one more time, I'm going to stab my own eyes out. ( )
  jrg1316 | Jun 20, 2019 |
Jennsen, the illegitimate daughter of Darken Rahl, flees her home into the shadows of Lord Richard Rahl's domain with a spy sent by Emperor Jagang, the enemy of D'Hara. Pursued by dark forces Jennsen searches for a sorceress she thinks holds the keys to her destiny. HARD
  JRCornell | Feb 10, 2019 |
Book number seven of this thrilling series is one that is heavily debated over. I found the change in the storyline to be, as many have said, 'A breath of fresh air.' I both loved and hated Jennsen's character at different points in the novel. This is my second time reading the novel and I am finding more and more secrets which are cleverly hidden from us as I re-delve into this brilliant work. Terry Goodkind does not capture my attention as well, but more in a different way than with the other books of the series. This book really makes me stop and think every time about the fragility of human life and how our perspectives are effected by those we surround ourselves with and choose to follow in life. I would give this novel at least four stars. For those who would be put off by some of the other less favourable reviews, I whole-heartedly urge you to read this for yourself and to form your own individual opinion. :) ( )
  Daxmunro | Dec 31, 2018 |
Definitely my least favourite of the entire series. Instead of sticking with the characters I've grown so attached to, The Pillars of Creation follows an obscure character who we initially know nothing about. Eventually, her connection to Richard is made clear, however she is one of the most boring and tedious characters I have read. Her stubborness to keep her view of an 'evil' Richard Rahl, is absolutely infuriating. I understand the importance of her character, and those that are like her, to the rest of the story, but I still can't help dreading reading this book. To be honest, I always end up skimming through it just to get to the next Richard and Kahlan story. ( )
  sasta | Feb 1, 2017 |

Terry Goodkindprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bond, JimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gianni, NicolaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ruitenberg, JosephineTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dedicated to the people in the United States Intelligence Community who, for decades, have valiantly fought to preserve life and liberty, while being ridiculed, condemned, demonized, and shackled by the jackals of evil.
Picking through the dead man's pockets, Jennsen Daggett came across the last thing in the world she would ever have expected to find.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,686,747 books! | Top bar: Always visible