The Spaniel's Secret: a small town romantic…

by Megan Mayfair (Author)

224,630,003 (4.75)None
Member:Quakerwidow
Title:The Spaniel's Secret: a small town romantic mystery (The Lemon Tree Bay Mysteries Book 2)
Authors:Megan Mayfair (Author)
Info:Montauk Bay (2021), Edition: 1, 258 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Family-Friendly Small-Town Cozy Mystery. Lemon Tree Bay, Victoria, Australia

Work Information

The Spaniel's Secret: a small town romantic mystery (The Lemon Tree Bay Mysteries Book 2) by Megan Mayfair

Recently added byQuakerwidow, AshRaye
ARC (1) ebook (1) mystery (1) romance (1) series (1) small town (1)

This is definitely a series that MUST be read in series order to avoid spoilers. Allow a full day for this contemporary small-town cozy mystery set in Lemon Tree Bay, Victoria, Australia in the fall, approximately May. I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily. ( )
  Quakerwidow | Aug 5, 2022 |
The Spaniel's Secret is a sweet, cozy mystery that keeps you guessing until the very end. There are a lot of different aspects to the mystery that come into play.

This book, the second one in the series, continues the storylines from the first book. There are some storylines that are ongoing that we are waiting to see how they will play out.

What I liked in this one was how the mystery was everywhere, it seemed to meld into the characters' lives. Of course, a lot of the drama came from the characters and what they were going through. I actually really enjoyed reading about their struggles and how they were going to get through them. I think it added a certain depth to the story that was missing in the first book. But, the first book is needed to introduce you to the characters. It set up this story nicely.

A lot is wrapped into this story that leaves me interested in what will happen next. Some questions still need to be answered.

I like this author's writing style, it is easy to read and really makes you interested in what is going on. I did find that I struggled to get into this book at first. Once I did, I was able to finish it within a day. It is a great series and has a lot to offer. I'm looking forward to whatever happens next!

I received an ARC of this book for free, and I am voluntarily leaving this honest review. ( )
  AshRaye | Dec 19, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,577,043 books! | Top bar: Always visible