Firewater Blues by Caimh McDonnell

Firewater Blues (edition 2022)

by Caimh McDonnell (Author)

Series: Dublin Trilogy (prequel 3)

Fiction. Mystery. Humor (Fiction.) HTML:

Be careful who you love ...

It's the year 2000 and while Bunny McGarry is theoretically on sabbatical from the police, he just can't help sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong.

Rosie Flint is an old acquaintance of Bunny's whose boyfriend mysteriously disappears off the face of the Earth. What starts out as a simple missing person's case soon gets a whole lot more complicated when it emerges that the boyfriend is not who he claimed to be and there are some rather sinister people showing an unhealthy interest in Rosie.

Bunny is only trying to help a friend but it's just a matter of time before he finds himself at loggerheads with his colleagues on the force, having to reassess some events from his past and unwittingly involved in a major political coup.

He won't be able to do this alone, so it is a good job he can call upon a certain band of kick-ass nuns to do what they do best. And he might even find a use for a twelve-year-old boy who is desperate to escape from an Irish language summer school.

Firewater Blues is the sixth book in McDonnell's critically acclaimed bestselling and increasing inaccurately titled Dublin Trilogy. It mixes high-octane thrills with distinct Irish wit.

… (more)
Member:jaimeb3th
Title:Firewater Blues
Authors:Caimh McDonnell (Author)
Info:McFori Ink (2022), 294 pages
Collections:Cupboard, Your library

Work Information

Firewater Blues by Caimh McDonnell

4.5 rounded up to 5 stars. I enjoyed the characters like usual, but I was also interested in this mystery a bit more than some of the others. It held my attention and was very entertaining. ( )
  JorgeousJotts | Jul 21, 2023 |
Sixth installment in the Dublin trilogy, this is another early Bunny story. This time Bunny is up against politicians and gobshites who want to kill one of his friends. My cat really hates these books because she can't sleep peacefully on my lap when I'm giggling and laughing uncontrollably. ( )
1 vote MrsLee | May 9, 2022 |
An absolutely brilliant story. This was Barney McGarry at his most inventive and enjoyable self. I loved every minute of this book which made me laugh and kept me entertained throughout. ( )
  imyknott | Apr 17, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

Dublin Trilogy (prequel 3)

Fiction. Mystery. Humor (Fiction.) HTML:

Be careful who you love ...

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,875,408 books! | Top bar: Always visible