The Girl in the Mist

by Kristen Ashley

1011,171,982 (4)None
Renowned author Delphine Larue needs a haven. A crazed fan has gone over the deep end, and she's not safe. Her security team has suggested a house by a lake. Secluded. Private. Far away. In a beautiful area of the Northwest close to the sleepy town of Misted Pines. It's perfect. So perfect, Delphine has just moved in, and she's thinking she'll stay there forever.Until she sees the girl in the mist.After that, everything changes.Delphine quickly learns that Misted Pines isn't so sleepy. A little girl has gone missing, and the town is in the grips of terror and tragedy. The local sheriff isn't up for the job. The citizens are up in arms. And as the case unfolds, the seedy underbelly of a quiet community is exposed, layer by layer.But most importantly, girls are dying.There seems to be only one man they trust to find out what's happening.The mysterious Cade Bohannan.… (more)

She did it again.

This author is a one-click for a reason. From the beginning of this book to the end was a serious rollercoaster. In some ways it had the feel of February's story in the Burg series. Only, this had more of a thrill to it. However, it wasn't enough of a difference that it still didn't feel like a KA book. She's KA for a reason.

I didn't see the ending at all. I suspected that it wasn't going to be cut and dried when things were wrapped up. I've learned that from all her previous books. She always has a twist.

I loved these characters. I loved that all of them fit like puzzle pieces. This was a slow burn in the romance aspect which made the anticipation grow. I was expecting more interaction from previous characters but this time they were used behind the scenes and more of a name mentioned here or there.

There was a lot to unpack in this story and think about. Especially, about women.I liked that. There are some great questions at the end of the book that are great starters to break down the story. Some of my old Literature classes did something similar and it always made for a great class that made me better at deconstructing a story.

I hope that this author comes back to this town. I would love stories on the twins, maybe even Celeste. I think that since Jace and Jess both have their father's skill set that it would be nice to continue these stories.

This author created a great book that she can be proud of. Fantastic way to start 2022. ( )
  MagicalRi | Feb 24, 2022 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,430,043 books! | Top bar: Always visible