DYING TO GET IN by Peter Interland

DYING TO GET IN (edition 2022)

by Peter Interland (Author)

116,635,599NoneNone

Work Information

DYING TO GET IN by Peter Interland

Recently added byKarenSiddall

No tags

Surreal, dark comedy set in an upscale retirement community

After his beloved wife, Hillary, experiences a stroke, retired cybersecurity expert Bill Hurley decides it's time for them to relocate to a seniors' community closer to doctors and medical support than their beautiful Maine country home. The only problem is their choice of retirement community has a five-year waiting list: the only openings occur when a current resident dies. Being a man of action, Bill plans to find a way to lessen the wait.

"Dying to Get In" is a new dark comedy by husband and wife writing team Peter and Laurie Interland that had me laughing out loud and cringing (but with delight!) at times. It's a shorter novel and PERFECT for reading straight through from cover to cover as you'll want to know what is coming next!

I loved the main character, Bill, and seriously rooted for his success. I laughed at what his son, Paul, was having to deal with as his frisky, talented, genius, and fun-loving parents cruised into their golden years. I also liked the friends they were making at 'Golden Shores;' they seemed like fun people, too (well, except for those that weren't supposed to be!)

The age group we're reading about at 'Golden Shores' is beginning to include the children of the 60s and 70s, and it was fun to see that the vices of their youth followed them into their golden years. There is drinking, smoking, pot, THC, and sex featured in the story, so be aware if any of these are an issue for you as a reader.

With a plethora of great characters, a fun, irreverent plotline, and a lovely setting on the coast of Maine, I recommend DYING TO GET IN for general fiction readers, cozy mystery lovers, and readers who enjoy a story with older characters.

I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving an Advanced Review Copy from Reedsy Discovery.
  KarenSiddall | Jan 14, 2022 |

Genres

No genres

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,171,607 books! | Top bar: Always visible