The drowning house by John Sibley Williams

The drowning house (edition 2021)

by John Sibley Williams

2None4,630,003NoneNone
THE DROWNING HOUSE by John Sibley Williams is the winner of the 2020 Elixir Press Annual Poetry Award. Contest judge, John A. Nieves, had this to say about it: "In the dark and shifting world of THE DROWNING HOUSE, Sibley Williams dives deep to try to understand the ghosts of our country and our history--the violence inherent in displacement, in wiping away. The poems that populate this doomed architecture reach out in every direction to try to find purchase on truths that often shift a quickly as tides. Whether music or fire or flesh, these poems find the worn seams of our nation and our world and lay them bare, or as Sibley Williams writes: 'Skin can be its own broken republic.' This collection explores the depths it engages and challenges us all not to look away." Poetry.… (more)
Member:Poetry_South
Title:The drowning house
Authors:John Sibley Williams
Info:Denver, Colorado : Elixir Press, 2021.

Work Information

The drowning house by John Sibley Williams

Recently added byLuanneCastle, Poetry_South

No reviews

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,585,653 books! | Top bar: Always visible