The Gospel Code: Novel Claims About Jesus,…

The Gospel Code: Novel Claims About Jesus, Mary Magdalene and Da Vinci (edition 2004)

by Ben Witherington III

Member:jwaddington1
Title:The Gospel Code: Novel Claims About Jesus, Mary Magdalene and Da Vinci
Authors:Ben Witherington III
Info:IVP Books (2004), Edition: Print On Demand, Paperback, 208 pages

The Gospel Code: Novel Claims About Jesus, Mary Magdalene and Da Vinci by Ben Witherington III

Other writers have corrected Dan Brown. Ben Witherington picks him up by the scruff of the neck, shakes him and says "Bad puppy!" Exhibits a prodigious intellect.
  2wonderY | Jul 26, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 083083267X, Paperback)

Dan Brown's international bestseller has raised many questions in the minds of readers.

, in blurring the lines between fact and fiction, popularizes the speculations and contentions of numerous more serious books that are also attracting wide attention. How should we respond to claims that we now have documents that reveal secrets about Jesus, secrets long suppressed by the church and other religious institutions? Do these new documents successfully debunk traditional views about Jesus and early Christianity?

Ben Witherington III confronts these claims with the sure-footedness of a New Testament scholar, yet in the plain language that any interested reader can follow. He takes us back to the early centuries after Jesus' death and tells us what we can really know about Jesus, Mary Magdalene, the canonical Gospels and their Gnostic rivals.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:46 -0400)

The Da Vinci Code, in blurring the lines between fact an fiction, popularizes the speculations and contentions of numerous more serious books that are also attracting wide attention. How should we respond to claims that we now have documents that reveal secrets about Jesus, secrets long suppressed by the church and other religious institutions? Do these new documents successfully debunk traditional views about Jesus and early Christianity?" "Ben Witherington confronts these claims the sure-footedness of a New Testaments scholar, yet in the plain language that any interested reader can follow. He takes us back to the early centuries after Jesus' death and tells us what we can really know about Jesus, Mary Magdalene, the canonical Gospels and their Gnostic rivals.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,756,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible