Stephen King's The Dark Tower: A Concordance, Volume I (2003)

by Robin Furth

Series: The Dark Tower Concordance (Volume 1)

From hundreds of characters to Mid-World geography to the High Speech lexicon, no self-respecting Dark Tower fan will want to be without this comprehensive handbook to the first four books in the series. As Stephen King himself explains in the introduction, he commissioned the concordance for his own private use while writing the final three books. When he found Robin Furth's work to be 'entertaining and invaluable' he immediately recommended the manuscript for publication.… (more)

A companion to Stephen King's The Dark Tower books and the graphic novels. This contains cross-referenced entries about people, places and languages mentioned in the saga. As Stephen King states in the foreword, it was not originally meant for publication but as an aide-memoire for the author. It was interesting to discover how Robin Furth had gained such an encyclopedic knowledge of the stories (she also directs the production of the graphic novel adaptations): basically, she was hired to research by an academic friend of King's. ( )
  questbird | Apr 2, 2017 |
me14, non-fiction ( )
  amobogio | Dec 22, 2014 |
When Stephen King began work on the final three volumes of his Dark Tower Opus, he immediately realized the research-heavy scope of the project and the need for help to keep things on track. Enter Robin Furth, graduate student and now personal research assistant to King for arguably one of his most important works.

A Concordance, Vol. 1 is an encyclopedia for the die-hard fans. Everything you need to know for books 1-4, crossed referenced with everything else. ( )
  Daniel.Estes | Oct 28, 2013 |
A must-read for Dark Tower lovers. This was, I believe, put together for King's benefit as he wrote the last three books as a way to refresh him on the earlier four books. It's a handy guide to reference while reading, and the essays in the front were very interesting. It's also amusing to see where Furth went astray in some predictions for what was to come. I love the humor she throws into the entries (like adding that not everyone with the initials R.F. is bad). I'm working on Volume 2 now as I finish the series. I would be curious to see what is removed from the version that has both volumes together. ( )
  paghababian | Apr 22, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,213,445 books! | Top bar: Always visible