The Sources of Catholic Dogma by Heinrich…

The Sources of Catholic Dogma (1854)

by Heinrich Denzinger, Robert L. Fastiggi, Peter Hünermann, Anne Englund Nash

Other authors: Pope Adeodatus (Contributor), Pope Alexander III (Contributor), Pope Alexander IV (Contributor), Pope Alexander VII (Contributor), Pope Alexander VIII (Contributor)91 more, Pope Benedict XI (Contributor), Pope Benedict XII (Contributor), Pope Benedict XIV (Contributor), Pope Boniface II (Contributor), Pope Boniface VIII (Contributor), Pope Callistus II (Contributor), Pope Callistus III (Contributor), Pope Clement V (Contributor), Pope Clement VI (Contributor), Pope Clement VIII (Contributor), Pope Clement XI (Contributor), Pope Eugenius III (Contributor), Pope Eugenius IV (Contributor), Pope Gregory IX (Contributor), Pope Gregory X (Contributor), Pope Gregory XI (Contributor), Pope Gregory XIII (Contributor), Pope Gregory XVI (Contributor), Pope Hadrian I (Contributor), Pope Hadrian II (Contributor), Pope Honorius I (Contributor), Pope Honorius III (Contributor), Pope Innocent II (Contributor), Pope Innocent III (Contributor), Pope Innocent IV (Contributor), Pope Innocent X (Contributor), Pope Innocent XI (Contributor), Pope Innocent XII (Contributor), Pope John II (Contributor), Pope John III (Contributor), Pope John IV (Contributor), Pope John XV (Contributor), Pope John XXII (Contributor), Pope Julius III (Contributor), Pope Leo X (Contributor), Pope Leo XII (Contributor), Pope Lucius III (Contributor), Pope Martin V (Contributor), Pope Nicholas II (Contributor), Pope Paschal II (Contributor), Pope Paul III (Contributor), Pope Paul V (Contributor), Pope Pelagius I (Contributor), Pope Pelagius II (Contributor), Pope Pius II (Contributor), Pope Pius IV (Contributor), Pope Pius IX (Contributor), Pope Pius VI (Contributor), Pope Pius VII (Contributor), Pope Pius VIII (Contributor), Pope Saint Agatho (Contributor), Pope Saint Anastasius I (Contributor), Pope Saint Anastasius II (Contributor), Pope Saint Boniface I (Contributor), Pope Saint Callistus I (Contributor), Pope Saint Celestine I (Contributor), Pope Saint Clement I (Contributor), Pope Saint Cornelius I (Contributor), Pope Saint Damasus I (Contributor), Pope Saint Dionysius (Contributor), Pope Saint Felix III (Contributor), Pope Saint Gelasius I (Contributor), Pope Saint Gregory I the Great (Contributor), Pope Saint Gregory II (Contributor), Pope Saint Gregory III (Contributor), Pope Saint Gregory VII (Contributor), Pope Saint Hormisdas (Contributor), Pope Saint Innocent I (Contributor), Pope Saint Julius I (Contributor), Pope Saint Leo I (Contributor), Pope Saint Leo III (Contributor), Pope Saint Leo IV (Contributor), Pope Saint Leo IX (Contributor), Pope Saint Martin I (Contributor), Pope Saint Nicholas I (Contributor), Pope Saint Pius V (Contributor), Pope Saint Sergius I (Contributor), Pope Saint Simplicius (Contributor), Pope Saint Siricius (Contributor), Pope Saint Stephan I (Contributor), Pope Saint Sylvester I (Contributor), Pope Saint Zachary (Contributor), Pope Saint Zephyrinus (Contributor), Pope Saint Zosimus (Contributor), Pope Sixtus III (Contributor), Pope Sixtus IV (Contributor), Pope Urban II (Contributor), Pope Urban III (Contributor), Pope Urban IV (Contributor), Pope Urban V (Contributor), Pope Vigilius (Contributor)

"This compendium of theological-historical source texts, in a bilingual edition, is completely revised and extended to the pontificate of Benedict XVI. With its unique wealth of official church documents and sources, it is an essential resource for theological work. Since its first edition in 1854, 'Denzinger' has become a standard work and an indispensable tool for serious theological work. It faithfully reflects the history of the Church's faith and its development over the centuries. Indeed, its reference system has become an established part of citing important theological sources."--Publisher description.… (more)
Recently added byprivate library, ManresaLibrary, CosmicHippo70, hstanco, JeremyDMarshall, FJA, sergyserg

New, Updated Edition Latin and English

Since its first edition in 1854, "Denzinger" has become a standard work and an indispensable tool for serious theological work. It faithfully reflects the history of the Church's faith and its development over the centuries. Indeed, its reference system has become an established part of citing important theological sources.

Peter Hunermann has updated the texts of this compendium and he has provided each text with an introduction. The original language and the English translation are presented in two columns so readers can refer to the original text, while deepening their understanding through the introductions, notes, and reliable English translation.

The final section of the volume features indexes, including a detailed systematic index to aid locating texts on specific themes. The revised, expanded edition of "Denzinger", with its text-critical editing, is a necessary part of any up-to-date theological library.
  tony_sturges | Sep 11, 2017 |
If you have no idea what true Catholics are to believe, this is one of the best books you should read and know. Forget everything the Vatican II sect has brainwashed you with and come back to Christ's Church! ( )
1 vote Joansknight | Nov 26, 2010 |
This is a comprehensive source book on authentic Catholic dogma that is magisterially anchored while at the same time both practical and non-voluminous. This English translation of Father Heinrich Denzinger’s Enchiridion Symbolorum et Definitionum. Since it was first published a century and a half ago, this handbook or collection of articles of faith and morals has enjoyed universal appeal and approbation since the pontificate of Blessed Pope Pius IX. The Enchiridion has been updated periodically; the edition being offered here by Loreto is that issued in 1957. The collection includes all articles and creeds of the Catholic Faith beginning with that of the twelve apostles, all dogmatic definitions stamped with the Petrine authority of the apostolic See (ex cathedra), decrees of the solemn magisterium, papal bulls, encyclicals and letters, as well as some of the more weighty decisions of the Holy Office prior to 1957. Although not every entry in this 715 page compendium of Church teaching is definitional (i.e. ex cathedra) it still should be considered the "locutus est" for every wayfaring Catholic whose patria, this side of heaven, is Roma. In addition to a general index there is a scriptural index plus an invaluable systematic or topical index making for very easy reference. Note, too, this edition comes with a one page Corrigenda which is a list of sixteen corrections that must be applied to errors (usually omissions) that escaped the eyes of editors in previous editions. (This refers to the Third Edition.) ( )
  hermit | Oct 17, 2008 |
Have it on the bookshelf. It has the summary text of the various councils from the 2nd. cent. ( )
  waeshael | May 29, 2007 |

Saint John Paul II, PopeContributorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Saint John XXIII, PopeContributorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Saint Pius X, PopeContributorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schonmetzer, AdolfusComposersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
We present herewith an English version of Henry Denzinger's Enchiridion Symbolorum, definitionum et declarationum de rebus fidei et morum, a handbook of articles of faith and morals.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,139,653 books! | Top bar: Always visible