Chrysalis: A Thriller by Lincoln Child

Chrysalis: A Thriller (edition 2022)

by Lincoln Child (Auteur)

Series: Jeremy Logan (6)

"A blockbuster new thriller from #1 New York Times bestselling author Lincoln Child, centered on a dominant tech company-Chrysalis-whose groundbreaking virtual reality technology is redefining the way we live . . . and possibly introducing a catastrophic danger to the world. Like millions of people around the world, Jeremy Logan (famed enigmalogist, or investigator of unexplained things) has grown to rely on his incredible new tech device. Made by Chrysalis, the global multibillion dollar tech company, the small optical device connects people in a stunning new way, tapping into virtual reality for the first time on a wide scale. And yet, when Logan is summoned by Chrysalis to investigate a disturbing anomaly in the massive new product rollout, Logan is shocked to see the true scope of the massive company. He also quickly realizes that something in Chrysalis's technology is very wrong, and could be potentially devastating. The question is what, and where, is the danger coming from?"--… (more)
Member:petrichor8
Title:Chrysalis: A Thriller
Authors:Lincoln Child (Auteur)
Info:Doubleday (2022), 336 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Work Information

Chrysalis by Lincoln Child

mom (567)

Chrysalis advertises itself as a thriller, but it is more SciFi. The beginning of the book does not make sense, however, by the middle of the book everything is tied together. The characters do have superpowers but that is because of Science Fiction. In 1971 there was a movie made much like this book entitled The Andromeda Strain wherein humans had to be made small enough to travel in a person's body. Much like that someone had to be made smaller in this book, as well. Four stars were awarded to this book. Even though it is a SciFi book, there are some thrilling scenes. ( )
  lbswiener | Jul 4, 2023 |
So, I usually enjoy Lincoln Child although I have dipped in and out on his titles. I was excited to read this because I'd heard some glowing reviews. I tapped out at 30% which felit like a fair shake. Maybe it was a right book, wrong time situation, so I've tagged it to try again later. I just couldn't get into the plot or the characters. If you're a Child fan or you're drawn to it, by all means, go for it. I look forward to reading others' reactions and look forward to those being what spurs me to pick it back up and try again someday. ( )
  angiestahl | Jun 12, 2023 |
The Jeremy Logan character is one of my favorites and he is well rounded and well established into this 6th book in the series. I like Child's writing style and his plots and this one is no exception. The plot is complex and takes several twists and turns as the story develops helping to hold reader interest. The one thing missing from this book: Logan's investigations usually have somce kind of supernatural or extra-natural element and that is missing from this one (unless you consider runaway VR technology to be that - no spoiler here. But runaway VR technology is not a surprising development and doesn't qualify as supernatural). Still the plot is very well done and well developed with the usual supporting characters to add interest. It is a good read and well worth a look for fans of Jeremy Logan. ( )
  Al-G | Jun 7, 2023 |
Chrysalis is a cutting edge technology conglomerate with a top-secret new virtual reality device ready to introduce to the world. When early adopters start dying off, security heads from within Chrysalis bring in Jeremy Logan to help them figure out if an inside-job hacker is responsible. Jeremy is a famed enigmalogist, but can he help solve this mystery where the lines between reality and fantasy are blurred?

I am always interested in the potential future of high-tech developments, so I found this book quite entertaining. At times the technical intricacies of the virtual reality devices went over my head, but the gist of the concept was easy to grasp. The book moved at a fast pace, with lots of action. There wasn't a ton of character development, but I didn't really expect it in a thriller like this, so I was ok with that. Overall, this was an enjoyable read. ( )
  niaomiya | Feb 2, 2023 |
DNF ( )
  CasSprout | Dec 18, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,940,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible