The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4…

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4 (original 1982; edition 1986)

by Sue Townsend

Follows the ups and downs of one British teenager's life in diary form.
Member:dennymeta
Title:The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4
Authors:Sue Townsend
Info:Methuen Publishing Limited (1986), Paperback

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4 by Sue Townsend (1982)

English (47)  Spanish (3)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  All languages (53)
The diary entries of Adrian Mole, a naive teenager who believes himself to be an intellectual. I read this as a child and found it funny then and even funnier now that I understand Adrian's misinterpretations of the event in his life even better. The audiobook narrator, Nicholas Barnes, does a really great job with Adrian's voice. ( )
1 vote -Eva- | Jan 21, 2018 |
Laugh of loud funny and anyone of a certain age will remember the angst of being 13 and 3/4 and being ticked off and embarassed by your parent's behavior and seemingly lack of concern for your never ending ' crisis situations ' which are nothing more than the equivilant to a broken nail. Huge fan of Sue Townsend, sadly she is gone now. ( )
  REINADECOPIAYPEGA | Jan 10, 2018 |
This was absolutely delightful! I don't know how much I missed out on by listening to the abridged audio (in 10 15-minute segments); it seemed to flow without a hitch. Kudos also to the reader, Harry McEntire, who was dead on with the dry delivery. I see this is part of an extensive series, which makes the idea of reading it a bit more daunting. I put it as "to read", but not sure I'll get to it. Nonetheless, I think it would be really fun, a good summer read, not demanding and highly enjoyable. "Pandora!" ( )
  Lit_Cat | Dec 9, 2017 |
A 13-year-old boy keeps a diary for 15 months.
Yoicks. I didn't care for this one at all. Not a likeable character in the entire thing, and two dogs get nonchalantly mistreated, to boot. Nopenopenope. ( )
  electrascaife | Jun 4, 2017 |
Living in South Korea in a time before Kindles, I was always on the look out for fresh reading material, which meant that books I would normally avoid I grabbed eagerly and read. One such book was "The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole".

By happy providence Adrian Mole was a character I warmed to far more than I thought I would. As I read his diary entries I would laugh and think "what a git" but in the back of my mind I knew that somehow Townsend was channelling my 13 year old thoughts. I liked "The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole" so much I read more of the Adrian Mole series, even though I was living in an English speaking nation by then, and that's as high a compliment I can give. ( )
  MiaCulpa | Nov 9, 2016 |

Sue Townsendprimary authorall editionscalculated
Barnes, NicholasNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Berger, JoeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Damave, HenriëtteIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Holden, CarolineIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vriesendorp, HuberteTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walliams, DavidForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
'Paul walked with something screwed up tight inside him ... yet he chatted away with his mother. He would never have confessed to her how he suffered over these things and she only partly guessed.' D. H. Lawrence Sons and Lovers
For Colin and also for Sean, Dan, Vicki and Elizabeth with love and thanks
These are my New Year's resolutions:

1. I will help the blind across the road.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,193,357 books! | Top bar: Always visible