I Hate Borsch!

by Yevgenia Nayberg

8None1,916,137NoneNone
All Ukrainians are supposed to love borsch--but what if you hate the red stuff? A young girl despises Eastern Europe's most beloved soup, and not even the grandmothers of Kiev can persuade her to change her mind. But when she immigrates to the United States, American food leaves her feeling empty. One day she discovers borsch recipes in an old suitcase. Maybe that disgusting beet soup deserves another chance...  Imaginatively illustrated with splashes of borsch-bright red, this book captures the complicated experience of rejecting and embracing one's culture. A recipe and author's note provide further ways to interact with the story. Witty and poignant, I Hate Borsch will encourage readers to ponder how history, heritage, and food can shape our identities.… (more)

No reviews

Genres

No genres

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,054,313 books! | Top bar: Always visible