Wretched (Never After Series) by Emily…

Wretched (Never After Series) (edition 2022)

by Emily McIntire (Author)

Series: Never After (3)

Erotic Literature. Fiction. Romance. Suspense. HTML:

Once Upon A Time, there was a wicked girl. She lost everything that mattered, causing darkness to unfurl. Impulsive and intelligent, she helped her family name grow strong. But then one day a man without a heart came along. An undercover agent, meant to spy and bring back tips. Following down her hidden path of faded yellow bricks. She hated him, he wanted her; she was too good to be true. But a woman can be great.. and terrible too.

Wretched is a dark, contemporary romance (not fantasy or a retelling) and the third complete standalone in The Never After Series: a collection of fractured fairy tales inspired by our favorite villains. It features mature themes and content that may not be suitable for all readers. Listener discretion is advised.

… (more)
Member:aleciafoster2357
Title:Wretched (Never After Series)
Authors:Emily McIntire (Author)
Info:Bloom Books (2022), 306 pages

Work Information

Wretched (Never After Series) by Emily McIntire

I love a strong female character and Evelina is a Boss.

I listened to this one versus reading a physical copy and I did not notice if any words were used repetitively. The characters had good chemistry and the spicy scenes were spicy.

wallace2012 | Nov 4, 2023 |
This is a KU book loosely using The Wizard of Oz for its characters and some plot devices; this IS NOT a retelling.

There is an undercover cop, a drug cartel leader and his daughters, drugs, patricide [killing of a father], and sororicide [killing of a sister].

On the spice scale: 2 chili peppers, maybe. There's a pretty wicked scene involving a gun and poetry...

This is a pretty basic undercover cop falls for bad guy story - and while the author says that the bad guys are really bad, in the end, the main bad girl is redeemed and there's a HEA.

This is the third in this series/trilogy/whatever. I don't think I'll continue if there are more, they aren't really interesting and the plots are lacking in something that I can't put my finger on.

**All thoughts and opinions are my own. Read using my personal KU subscription.** ( )
  The_Literary_Jedi | Jun 28, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

Erotic Literature. Fiction. Romance. Suspense. HTML:

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,433,306 books! | Top bar: Always visible