dismiss

Proven guilty by Jim Butcher

Proven guilty (edition 2007)

by Jim Butcher (Author)

Series: The Dresden Files (8)

Elevated "into the front rank of urban fantasy heroes" (SF Site), professional wizard Harry Dresden is pledged to fight crime, banish evil, and outwit the masters of dark arts in the shadowy corners of Chicago. Harry, the only wizard in the Chicago phone book, is drafted to look into rumors of black magic in the Windy City. And if that wasn't enough, he must help the daughter of an old friend, whose boyfriend was the only one in a room where an old man was attacked. He insists he didn't do it. And what looks like a supernatural assault straight out of a horror film turns out to be-well, something quite close to that, as Harry discovers that malevolent entities that feed on fear are loose in Chicago.… (more)
Member:hypatian_kat
Title:Proven guilty
Authors:Jim Butcher (Author)
Info:Roc (2007), 428 pages
Collections:Kindle E-Books, Your library
Tags:fiction, spec-fic

Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher

English (121)  German (1)  All languages (122)
Reread. It went by SO fast and so awesome! ( )
  Tip44 | Jun 30, 2020 |
Friends daughter turns out to be source of black magic; Harry fights to keep her alive and become her mentor.
  JohnLavik | Mar 29, 2020 |
Entertaining read. :)

First read: June 2014
Second read: July 2016 ( )
  ElentarriLT | Mar 24, 2020 |
Love this series so much. Since we're listening to the books back to back I thought the general recap/exposition in the first part of the book took just a bit too long but even so Kate and I were on the edges of our seats waiting for the mystery to unravel. All of our favorite recurring characters got some face time and development in the book and several new plot threads appeared or were reinforced. All in all a very satisfying addition to the series, and we're already off and started on the next one. ( )
  Nikchick | Mar 21, 2020 |
  Nikchick | Mar 21, 2020 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionscalculated
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Blood leaves no stain on a Warden's grey cloak.
I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family.
Children are a precious gift, but they belong to no one but themselves. They are only lent us a little while.

There's no love lost between Harry Dresden, the only wizard in the Chicago phone book, and hte white Council of Wizards, who find him brash and undisciplined. But war with the vampires has thinned their ranks, so the Council has drafted Harry as a Warden and assigned him to look into rumors of black magic in the Windy City.

As Harry adjusts to his new role, another problem arrives in the form of the tattooed and pierced daughter of an old friend, all grown-up and already in trouble. Her boyfriend is the only suspect in what looks like a supernatural assault straight out of a horror film. Malevolent entities that feed on fear are loose in Chicago, but it's all in a day's work for a wizard, his faithful dog, and a talking skull named Bob ...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,099,467 books! | Top bar: Always visible