The Wolf, The Walnut and The Woodsman by…

The Wolf, The Walnut and The Woodsman (edition 2022)

by Gabriel Hemery

632,604,835 (4)1
A brave retelling of the most celebrated legend of all time. Codrina, the greatest mortal of all time, was born a humble woodman's daughter. Pursued by the ultimate darkness, the young girl is powerless, except for her budding green talent. This is a story of her struggle against evil as she befriends a great wolf, undertakes a perilous journey, and learns to harness the power of nature. Once buried in ancient scriptures, this brave retelling reveals the truths behind the creation of our most celebrated legend.… (more)
Member:jjmcgaffey
Title:The Wolf, The Walnut and The Woodsman
Authors:Gabriel Hemery
Info:Wood Wide Works
Collections:Currently reading, ebooks, Cover done
Tags:!ER, Fic, SF, _import220708

Work Information

The Wolf, The Walnut and The Woodsman by Gabriel Hemery

_import220708 (1) ARC (1) Early Reviewers (1) ER (1) fiction (1) June 2022 (1) read 2022 (1) sf (1)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoyed this fantasy book more than I thought I would. Fantasy isn’t my preferred genre, but I think I’m willing to give more fantasy books a shot after reading this one. Códrina is a well constructed character who had many interesting obstacles to overcome in order to find har place as heroine. I recommend this read to those who like fantasy books and strong female characters.

Thank you to LibraryThing Early Reads for providing this Advance Reader Copy. All thoughts on this book are my own, free from outside influence. ( )
  RikkiH | Aug 5, 2022 |
Review of eBook

On the eve of her eighth birthday, Codrina’s world turns upside down when intruders burst into her house and murder her parents. Codrina runs, but the killers follow, searching for her. Outwitting the pursuers, she masquerades as a boy and finds safety in her new adopted family.

Forced to run once again, Codrina finds sanctuary within a religious community. A hard journey leads her to the silver mines. But will she find the way to fulfill her destiny? Is she truly the one the legend foretold?

=========

An epic fantasy, set in the legendary alternative world of Askraland, this is a tale of one girl’s journey to find herself as she fulfills her destiny. Intriguing characters, an inventive plot, and an interesting premise are sure to leave readers hoping Codrina will succeed.

There are several unexpected surprises as the compelling plot twists and turns; an undercurrent of apprehension keeps readers concerned for Codrina’s well-being.

The world-building here is fascinating, creating a believable alternative land with just enough familiarity for readers to feel comfortable. Additionally, the strong environmental emphasis is a highlight in the telling of the tale.

For readers who enjoy this genre, there is much to appreciate here.

Recommended.

I received a free copy of this book through the LibraryThing Early Readers program ( )
  jfe16 | Jul 14, 2022 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Wolf, the Walnut, and the Woodsman by Gabriel Hemery was different. The first part was interesting, the world-building was a bit slow. Things seem to slow down in the middle and towards the end. The climax was a bit jumbled. I could have done without the added passionate kiss at the end. It was enjoyable and if you have time a decent read. Like I said that passionate kiss at the end was so unnecessary and didn't add to the story at all.
  Antares1 | Jul 9, 2022 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Gabriel Hemery's book The Wolf, The Walnut and The Woodsman was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Gabriel Hemery is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,803,973 books! | Top bar: Always visible