Radical Love: Learning to Accept Yourself…

Radical Love: Learning to Accept Yourself and Others (edition 2022)

by Zachary Levi (Author)

One afternoon, actor Zachary Levi couldn't bring himself to open his front door. Where are you going, Zac? Where are you taking us? What are we doing here? But, he wasn't worried about what other people might do to him-he was worried about what he might do to himself. And, that realization terrified him. In Go Love Yourself: A Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance and Gratitude, Zac shares his story of grappling with a lifetime of sometimes-crippling anxiety and depression, including a one-month stint in a trauma therapy center. With honesty and humor, he relates his healing journey to mental health, and shares valuable lessons and insights he gained along the way. Through sharing his experiences, Zac hopes his readers will come to believe what he had to discover for himself: that they can choose a lifestyle of wellness, receive love from others, and learn to love themselves.… (more)
Member:longtalljessie
Title:Radical Love: Learning to Accept Yourself and Others
Authors:Zachary Levi (Author)
Info:Harper Horizon (2022), 224 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading

Work Information

Radical Love: Learning to Accept Yourself and Others by Zachary Levi

Great audiobook in getting all the author’s emotions on page and in voice. Zach’s enthusiasm and energy propels through the good and bad parts of his memoir and makes the tough parts more empathetic

Very good audio or book for anyone struggling with mental health ( )
  SESchend | Feb 2, 2024 |
This is probably the only actor I’d ever listen to tell me their story. I can’t express this enough how much I enjoyed this book. Very honest and very open about his life and problems. Definitely a good intelligent read on mental health. This is probably the first and last book I’ll tackle on self help and have to say I picked a good one. He’ll always be Chuck to me and I’m glad he’s around to help and entertain.
  linusnc | Feb 18, 2023 |
I’ve been a fan of Zachary Levi since watching Chuck, and had the pleasure of seeing him on Broadway in First Date. What I didn’t know was that behind his happy go lucky exterior was a guy who was suffering from depression and anxiety,

In Radical Love, Levi opens up honestly about his struggles with depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, and his emotional traumas growing up. His journey to accepting himself and learning self love is enlightening, and I admire his courage in recounting his dark times. His plea that mental illness not be a societal stigma needs to be heard. The book itself reads as if he’s speaking directly to you (he could have toned down some of the language though).

My thanks to Harper Horizon, and to Netgalley, for providing me an ARC of this book that is an important addition to the national conversation about mental health. ( )
  luke66 | Oct 22, 2022 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,758,862 books! | Top bar: Always visible