Brida: A Novel (P.S.) by Paulo Coelho

Brida: A Novel (P.S.) (original 2008; edition 2009)

by Paulo Coelho

Member:napoleon-in-rags
Title:Brida: A Novel (P.S.)
Authors:Paulo Coelho
Info:Harper Perennial (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 256 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Brida by Paulo Coelho (2008)

Recently added byvasudstargazer, private library, woodly, mplservice, mrsfancyplants, Gmblahut, ehelkur, clcl27, lnr125

English (47)  Spanish (3)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (52)
more or less enjoying this book as i read it given that it had a different perspective and it had a lot of interesting commentary about developing your photographic memory. But it was also fairly unrealistic in terms of the love at first sight business. ( )
  ShiraDest | Mar 6, 2019 |
Brida is perhaps the first book I read of Paulo Coelho and not the much revered "The Alchemist" and I am glad I did so. The level of mysticism and paranormal suspense embedded in Brida is just right to make it engaging and the usual Coelho preachiness is on the lower-end making it a far more enjoyable read. Coelho's characters Wicca, Magus, and Brida are much deeply developed in this book than the characters in The Alchemist which makes this book a much more captivating narrative than the latter. There are some sections of Brida which I have read multiple times and perhaps will keep reading them for the rest of my life. ( )
  Varun.Sayal | Nov 15, 2018 |
Give in to the mysteries of the world and open your heart to love. That's what I got out of it at least. A magic journey of self discovery and perseverance to attain a goal/dream. I liked the concept of soul mates as a soul split in two, with which the encounter leads to wisdom and transformation instead of the cliche happily ever after scenario. ( )
  Deracine | Oct 15, 2018 |
A masterpiece. ( )
  yamiyoghurt | Jan 29, 2018 |
I just did not get into this novel. It is a "fantasy " novel and those are just not my thing. ( )
  Smits | Dec 18, 2017 |
For N.D.L., who made the miracles happen, for Christina, who is one of those miracles, and for Brida
'I want to learn about magic,' said the girl.
True love allows each person to follow his or her own path aware that doing so can never drive them apart.

Brida, a young Irish girl, has long been interested in various aspects of magic but is searching for something more. Her search leads her to people of great wisdom. She meets a wise man who dwells in a forest, who teaches her to trust in the goodness of the world, and a woman who teaches her how to dance to the music of the world. As Brida seeks her destiny, she struggles to find a balance between her relationships and her desire to become a witch.

This enthralling novel incorporates themes that fans of Paulo Coelho will recognize and treasure. It is a tale of love, passion, mystery, and spirituality from the master storyteller.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:51 -0400)

The story of a young Irish girl who dives into sorcery and experiments with different magical traditions. She meets a wise man who dwells in a forest, who teaches her about overcoming her fears and trusting in the goodness of the world; and a woman who teaches her how to dance to the music of the world, and how to pray to the moon. As she seeks her destiny, she struggles to find a balance between her relationships and her desire to become a witch.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,098,699 books! | Top bar: Always visible