Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Blessing by John Trent

Blessing (original 1986; edition 2004)

by John Trent (Author)

Member:mommyofmanyblessings
Title:Blessing
Authors:John Trent (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson Publishers (2004), Edition: Revised, Updated, 274 pages

The Blessing by Gary Smalley (1986)

English (3)  Spanish (1)  All languages (4)
Read this long ago and used it in a women's study group as our weekly text. Definitely filled with great insights, linked to the Biblical "blessings" in the Old/New Testament. A classic. Just saw they have republished an updated edition: I'm going to get it and read it again. ( )
  BDartnall | Oct 29, 2016 |
If you really want to know what life is all about and live a life of significance, this is a great book to help you on your way. ( )
  RonShore | Oct 28, 2011 |
I enjoyed this book. It was written in a combination of stories, lessons, and real life applications. The blessing that we are to give to our children is made of five parts: meaningful touch, a spoken or written message, attaching a high value, picture a special future, and active commitment. I will admit- at the beginning of this book I was a little confused- the entire idea of this book is very similar to the 5 love languages and I knew that was written by someone different. After reading more, I realize that although they are similar, they are not identical. I am planning on holding on to this book, but it instead of being a journey of self-discovery with some "aha" moment for me, it really was more "preaching to the choir."This book would be excellent for any new parent or first time parent, or a family with children who seem to be struggling. This book would be useful for ANY parent, Christian or not. The ideas in this book translate beyond Christianity and would benefit all children.I was provided this book for free from booksneeze.com for a review. I do not promise a positive review- only an honest one. http://www.oneminutebooks.blogspot.com ( )
  Coranne | Aug 3, 2011 |

Gary Smalleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Trent, Johnmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671737430, Mass Market Paperback)

Brian spent a lifetime seeking his father's approval. His father wanted him to be the best and the brightest, and Brian tried - desperately! When his father lay dying, Brian rushed to his bedside to plead one last time, "Please say you love me, please!"

We all have a powerful need to know that someone in this world loves us and accepts us unconditionally. We especially crave our parents' blessing, and without it, we may become angry and driven, or detached and empty. We may also feel this hurtful lack between brothers and sisters, husbands and wives, or even within our religious congregation.

Now family counselors Gary Smalley and John Trent, Ph.D., show us how we can transform our lives - even when it is no longer possible to receive our parents' blessing. They reveal the five key elements of the blessing, describe the most common home situations where a blessing has been denied (one of them may be ours), and offer practical, effective methods to heal broken hearts and families. Most important, they explain how we can be a blessing, and pass on that life-changing gift to our love ones.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:02 -0400)

Discusses the need for parental approval.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,516,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible