The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

The Choice (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Nicholas Sparks (Author)

Travis Parker has everything a man could want: a good job, loyal friends, even a waterfront home in small-town North Carolina. In full pursuit of the good life--boating, swimming, and regular barbecues with his good-natured buddies--he holds the vague conviction that a serious relationship with a woman would only cramp his style. That is, until Gabby Holland moves in next door. Despite his attempts to be neighborly, the appealing redhead seems to have a chip on her shoulder about him ... and the presence of her longtime boyfriend doesn't help. Despite himself, Travis can't stop trying to ingratiate himself with his new neighbor, and his persistent efforts lead them both to the doorstep of a journey that neither could have foreseen. Spanning the eventful years of young love, marriage and family, THE CHOICE ultimately confronts us with the most heartwrenching question of all: how far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?… (more)
Member:SweeneyFam1228
Title:The Choice
Authors:Nicholas Sparks (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2007), Edition: 1, 288 pages

Work Information

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks (2007)

English (90)  Spanish (1)  All languages (91)
Another 5 ⭐️ read for me. What a great author! Was interesting from the beginning. Certainly didn’t see the timeline coming. No spoilers here. Ended as I wished it would. ( )
  Leessa | Sep 3, 2022 |
He made the right choice in this good love story. ( )
  pgabj | Mar 10, 2022 |
Wow, I really liked this book. Some of Sparks's other books have something that I wish wasn't there and most of the time I prefer the movie version, but The Choice was well written. ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |
Deciding it was going to be difficult being neighbors with that man, Gabby Holland finally worked up the courage to stand up for herself and her sweet dog. After unleashing her anger on him, Travis Parker decided he wanted to get to know his new neighbor better. Inviting her for a weekend of fun with him, his sister and his friends was the best way to make that happen. After moving to Beaufort Gabby needed to make new friends, so she thought she'd give it a try while keeping her boyfriend in mind the whole time. In the end the decisions would be even more difficult.

As with most romance books, this one seemed very predictable at first but Nicholas Sparks gave a very different twist. The first part, the set up, was long. The relationship twist and the attempts at intrigue were all short-lived, luckily you never had to wait very long to find out what was really going on. Laugh out loud moments and a few tears later, I still really enjoy a good Sparks book and hope the movie is a better representation than some of the others have been. ( )
  onyx95 | Nov 30, 2020 |
Lightweight romance with an interesting dilemma of when to turn off life support. ( )
  ElizabethCromb | Mar 14, 2020 |
For the Lewis family: Bob, Debbie, Cody, and Cole. My family.
Tell me again why I agreed to help you with this.
This is the book; do not combine with the movie

Travis Parker has everything a man could want: a good job, loyal friends, even a waterfront home in small-town North Carolina. In full pursuit of the good life -- boating, swimming, and regular barbecues with his good-natured buddies -- he holds the vague conviction that a serious relationship with a woman would only cramp his style. That is, until Gabby Holland moves in next door. Despite his attempts to be neighborly, the appealing redhead seems to have a chip on her shoulder about him...and the presence of her longtime boyfriend doesn't help. Despite himself, Travis can't stop trying to ingratiate himself with his new neighbor, and his persistent efforts lead them both to the doorstep of a journey that neither could have foreseen. Spanning the eventful years of young love, marriage and family, The Choice ultimately confronts us with the most heartwrenching question of all: how far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?

Hachette Book Group

8 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 044619509X, 0446579920, 1600240178, 160024081X, 1600240151, 0446698334, 0446618314, 1600246699

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,201,918 books! | Top bar: Always visible