Stepping Off The Mat-For the Martial Artist and the persons who aspire to study yet think they do not have the time

by Rick Berry

117,720,157NoneNone
Recently added byAikiBib

No tags

While this book is directed to the serious martial artist, it is also of interest to the countless numbers of people who always wanted to do a martial art but for some reason or another did not. It is this audience that can benefit by using the martial arts principles contained in each chapter for practical reasons in everyday life. Through practical martial arts philosophy the reader will gain confidence and a positive outlook on life that a sincere martial artist possesses.

I have written it in a semi-biographical format, drawing upon not just my experiences but also those of my students. The reader will see how the training I received under my instructors helped shape my mind and set me upon a path of positive mind and purpose. Finally, this book is about removing the self-imposed limits on the scope of understanding regarding our minds and bodies, so that we experience and cause positive transformation in ourselves and ultimately in the universe.

Rick Berry has been studying martial arts for over thirty-eight years and is the holder of 5th dan in Kokikai Ryu Aikido, 7th dan in Sanuces Ryu Ju Jutsu and 2nd dan in Ji do Kwan, Tae Kwon Do. He started his martial arts training in Seibukan Shorin Ryu Karate in 1965. He founded the Quiet storm Karate system in the city of Chester, PA in 1970 and co-founded the United Martial Arts Referees Association in 1977. In 2001, he was inducted into the first Annual New York State Martial Arts Hall of Fame.

Contents

Questions
Principles
A personal change
Run
Winning is a state of mind
Time

Current Discussions

Genres

No genres

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,191,671 books! | Top bar: Always visible