Kiki Kallira Conquers a Curse

by Sangu Mandanna

Series: Kiki Kallira (2)

1311,508,323 (5)None
Kiki returns to Mysore and quickly learns that drawing a new river doesn't work. In her search for answers, she stumbles upon the origin of the Kaveri: it's actually a princess from long ago who was transformed into water by a terrible curse! It's up to Kiki and her friends to restore the river without sacrificing the princess again---easier said than done! And with her mounting anxiety, enemies seeking to stop her, and a city growing weaker by the minute, Kiki's confidence falters. Will she be able to unravel the curse and save her kingdom before it's too late?--… (more)

Sangu Mandanna has been one of my favorite authors ever since I read her other book, A Spark Of White Fire. This series with Kiki Kallira has been another awesome story that I have enjoyed immensely. It's another favorite and 5 star read.
This is a fantastic story that I would have loved when I was in Elementary and I still love it even as an adult. My kids are enjoying it now as well. This has some good info with subjects touched on with anxiety and such, which is a very common thing that needs to be discussed often with kids and everyone nowadays.
In this continuation of Kiki's adventures with the world she drew, the kingdom she brought into existence with her sketchbook and magic is now in danger and needs her help again. This keeps the story going with Kiki having to find her confidence to do the hard things by helping solve the problems with the world and with repairing things and moving forward from the fallout and hard things that happened in the previous book. This shows what happens after the success of the last adventure and how the characters continue to develop and change as well. This appears to possibly be the end of the books and stories in this world, but there's room for possibly writing more with Kiki, her friends and family, and this kingdom too.
I would highly recommend this to anyone who loves Middle Grade reads, Mythology, and such. Go check this one out, you won't be disappointed! Thanks so much to NetGalley and Penguin Group Penguin Young Readers Group/Viking Books for Young Readers for letting me read and review this awesome book! All thoughts and opinions are my own. ( )
  Kiaya40 | Jun 19, 2023 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,903,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible