The Wicked In Me (2023)

by Suzanne Wright

Series: Devil's Cradle (1)

They're immortal. Powerful. Secretive. And they'll come for her. Witch Wynter Dellavale knows that for certain. Because in unfairly trying to execute her, they started a chain of events they're struggling to stop. Needing safety, she flees to Devil's Cradle, the home of monsters. A place for the outcasts, the fugitives, the crazies. A place ruled by the Ancients, seven beings who were once banished by the Aeons. Among the Ancients is the infamous Cain, brother of Abel and embodiment of jealousy - who, on another note, wants her in his bed. There's a heavy price for the safety the Ancients offer, but Wynter will have to pay it. She can't take on the Aeons alone. And she has no intention of dying - been there, done that. Not that she'll be the easy prey the Aeons are expecting. They have no knowledge of the ... thing that lives inside her. You see, when witches are brought back from the afterlife, they don't always come back the same. And they don't always come back alone.… (more)

SW hits all my buttons. I really enjoy when the main characters are really into each other along with all the action that is going on around them. Never a dull moment. I loved Cain and Wynter. I felt the romance was very believable. If I had one criticism it would be the banter among her coven was always kind of the same. I got to where I would speed read through it. Harper and Knox have always been a favorite but this is right there too. I'm so ready for the next installment. ( )
  DebJack | Jul 28, 2023 |
Beautifully written, great characters, lots of magic and fantasy. 3/5 on the spicy scale ( )
  ElizabethCombs | Apr 29, 2023 |
If you have read and are a fan of her "The Dark in You" series, then consider the characters of this book the reincarnations of Knox and Harper. Seriously, as I was reading this book I kind of imagined that if Harper and Knox had to meet up again in another life then this is the book. Same descriptions (pretty much) same personalities, same sex chemistry. It's not a bad thing either. Knox and Harper were great together, so Wynter and Cain are about the same.

A LOT of the same tropes/plotlines/settings from the previous series. However, there are different characters and settings and main storyline. Harper/Knox were demons and carried a demon entity in them. Wynter is a witch who has a secret entity inside her. Cain is an Immortal with his own entity inside him. However, in this story they both hide the fact that they carry entities because each believes the other will run away screaming when in fact the opposite is quite likely.

Suzan figured out we liked the “Dark in You” series and just gave us more of the same with differences. I'm happy. I liked it and am looking forward to a new book a year! Don’t try and nit-pick it and just enjoy it. ( )
  Library_Breeder | Apr 28, 2023 |
This read like a bad wattpad story
  spiritedstardust | Apr 24, 2023 |

Belongs to Series

For J, thank you for listening to all my rambling when I'm having my mind-mapping buzz sessions out loud.
Adopting a stone-cold poker face, Wynter Dellavale struggled to process the disbelief that crawled over her skin.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,792,239 books! | Top bar: Always visible