Fangscreen: A Summer Vampire Romcom (Holidays of Love)

by Ellen Mint

Series: Holidays of Love (5)

423,050,240 (4)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book was delightful. I marvel at how the author made vampires and merfolk have so much in common. Or at least how Jareth and Laiken, though differing in personalities, often found joy in the same things.

Though there were a few small errors, the writing overall was vivid. I enjoyed Jareth's manner of speech and hismlack of knowledge on human modernities. Very occasionally the story seemed impractical. (Minor spoiler) I find it difficult to believe that Jareth wouldn't have seen through Casimir's abuse sooner than he had. Even if he had fallen under Casimir's spell, he really shouldn't have been as shocked as he was about Casimir's true intentions.

Overall, this book was very enjoyable. I genuinely laughed out loud at times. And Jareth's musings on immortality were heart wrenching. A very balanced read.

I received an advanced copy and voluntarily gave my honest review.
  sidvishess | Aug 23, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Ellen Mint's book Fangscreen was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,058,454 books! | Top bar: Always visible