Social Sanity in an Insta World

by Sarah Eekhoff Zylstra

371669,033 (4)None
Social media can be both a delight and a disaster for women who want to love God and love neighbor. The industry has grown so fast that it's been hard to figure out how to handle it wisely: in less than 20 years, more than 75 percent of American women have signed up for an account. The latest surveys show Americans spend more than two hours a day scrolling, posting, and liking. How can we navigate this area of our lives with grace and discernment? Join nine authors as they explore social media's potential and pitfalls -- along with the biblical principles we need to honor the Lord online.… (more)

I have read so many books about Christianity and social media that much of this was kind of repeating some things for me BUT... it is worth a read if you either need to do social media more responsibly or walk away. It does not tell you to one or the other. It gives some great things to think about as we interact and use social media. The book is edited by Zylstra and each chapter is written by a different Christian woman on how they approach social media and what has helped them. It is a valuable resource. I encourage you to pick it up for yourself. It also has discussion questions and thoughts at the end of each chapter if you wanted to read it with friends, too. ( )
  Leann | Jun 27, 2023 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,167,294 books! | Top bar: Always visible