The Princess Bride: The Official Cookbook by…

The Princess Bride: The Official Cookbook (edition 2022)

by Jenn Fujikawa (Author)

"The Princess Bride Cookbook: The Official Cookbook features more than 50 recipes for dishes seen in, and inspired by, the film"--
Member:Jeff.Rosendahl
Title:The Princess Bride: The Official Cookbook
Authors:Jenn Fujikawa (Author)
Info:Smart Pop (2022), Edition: Media tie-in, 192 pages

Work Information

The Princess Bride: The Official Cookbook by Jenn Fujikawa

OK, so I've not made any of the recipes in the book, but I'm going to try a few. Some look good, some look average. The puns in the titles are the best part of the book. ("Chips of Insanity," "Have You the Wing," "Bread Pirate Roberts"). Also liberally sprinkled with quotes from the movie, which is enjoyable. ( )
  Jeff.Rosendahl | Jul 10, 2024 |
The Princess Guide Cookbook by Jenn Fujikawa is delightful and, for a cookbook, a lot of fun.

I am going on the assumption that anyone looking at a cookbook with a movie theme, especially a movie that isn't as food centered as, say, Babette's Feast, one isn't looking for particularly unusual or challenging recipes. With that in mind, I found the recipes here to be easy to follow and simple enough that you can whip them together while watching the movie for the umpteenth time. Also, while some cookbooks that include unusual recipes might have a big need for more food photography, this book has fewer food pictures and more pictures of the film. I personally don't need photographs to follow a recipe and, in a theme-based collection of recipes it makes sense to have a lot of pictures on that theme. Any complaint otherwise is disingenuous at best.

Because many of the recipes will be things you might already make, it will be interesting to see what is different. I found one here that was just different enough that I tried it, and found it to be quite good, so I now have a new variation. This is not, nor does it claim to be, something along the lines of a Julia Child cookbook. So take a pill of chill and have fun with both the book and the recipes. Fun and simple recipes are good things.

Definitely recommended for fans of the movie (does anyone actually dislike this movie?) as well as anyone who just enjoys themed cookbooks. If you know someone who needs a lot of food photographs to appreciate a cookbook, or who wants a book of unusual recipes to impress friends and family rather than a fun book, you might skip giving this to them (and maybe look at getting friends who are more fun).

Reviewed from a copy made available by the publisher via NetGalley. ( )
  pomo58 | Dec 21, 2022 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,428,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible