On the Plurality of Worlds by David Lewis

On the Plurality of Worlds (edition 2001)

by David Lewis

This book is a defense of modal realism; the thesis that our world is but one of a plurality of worlds, and that the individuals that inhabit our world are only a few out of all the inhabitants of all the worlds. Lewis argues that the philosophical utility of modal realism is a good reason for believing that it is true.… (more)
Member:dialogic
Title:On the Plurality of Worlds
Authors:David Lewis
Info:Blackwell Publishing, Incorporated (2001), Edition: New Ed, Paperback

Work Information

On the Plurality of Worlds by David K. Lewis

English (1)  French (1)  All languages (2)
Thought provoking, but often confusing and poorly argued. I'm not convinced by Lewis that something like linguistic ersatzism is a bad account of modality. ( )
  albertgoldfain | Jul 27, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,170,248 books! | Top bar: Always visible