Marriage Unveiled: The Promise, Passion, and…

by Sherry Cassedy (Author)

116,782,966 (5)None
Member:MyPenNameOnly
Title:Marriage Unveiled: The Promise, Passion, and Pitfalls of Imperfectly Ever After
Authors:Sherry Cassedy (Author)
Info:River Grove Books (2022), 192 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Christian Marriages, Relationships, Divorce

Work Information

Marriage Unveiled: The Promise, Passion, and Pitfalls of Imperfectly Ever After by Sherry Cassedy

Recently added byMyPenNameOnly

No tags

I won a KINDLE copy of this book from the book's publisher through a giveaway they had on GoodReads, and the following is my honest opinion.

Even though a Christian woman might have found a marvelous, religious guy to be married to, there's no guarantee that there won't be any problems in their marriage. Doubters only need to check out some of the posts posted in Christian Facebook groups that deal with wives and marriage. Even worse than this, according to a True Crime book that I reviewed, there are men of faith who are also men of murder [of their wives]. The best path for Christian women to find their Prince Charming is to find someone who shares the same things they love, especially an adoration for the Lord. Enter into the bounds of Holy Matrimony in sight of the Lord. Then live their marriages in the manner the Lord wants them, and if necessary, seek guidance to assure they remain on the correct path, so their marriages will seem as if they've been made in heaven.

When we as Christians talk about marriage, we know it's a consecrated vow before the eyes of the Lord, between a man and woman, to "become one flesh," as we read in Scripture. However, when someone faces moments of hurt and pain, which happen in all relationships, Scripture is also a good place to turn to. During a struggling marriage, it's easy to focus on what's wrong instead of stopping to listen to God and ask Him for guidance. We must remember marriage's importance as a covenant bond between a man and woman. However, most of us aren't well-versed in Scripture to find the assistance we require for our failing marriages, etc.

As Christian women, if we're suffering through failing marriages, we need to find someone, preferably a Sister-in-Christ, who's experienced what we're confronting in our lives for guidance. Apparently, after reading this book, I believe Ms. Cassedy would effectively fill the needs of any struggling couple in rejuvenating their relationship and marriage to where it once was through sharing her knowledge and personal experiences with them. For this reason, as a rather voracious reviewer of nonfiction Christian books, I've given Ms. Cassedy 5 STARS for her endeavor here. ( )
  MyPenNameOnly | Jun 23, 2022 |

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,587,439 books! | Top bar: Always visible