Filthy Rich Vampire (Filthy Rich Vampires,…

Filthy Rich Vampire (Filthy Rich Vampires, 1) (edition 2023)

by Geneva Lee (Author)

1975138,909 (3.78)1
Fantasy. Fiction. Romance. Julian Rousseaux has a problem. He's single, and for the world's wealthiest vampires, the social season is about to begin. But as the eldest, eligible Rousseaux he's expected to find a wife before the season ends-whether he likes it or not. When cellist Thea literally stumbles into his life at a gala, he knows she's the last person he could ever fall in love with. She's too innocent, too kind, and way too human. But now that she knows about his world, she's also a walking target. He needs a fake girlfriend to discourage overzealous vampire matchmaking. So, Julian makes Thea an irresistible offer: pretend to be his lover and he'll change her life. For one year, they'll attend the season's social events together in exchange for his protection and a way out of her mother's crippling medical debt. But the vampire world is impossibly decadent and darker than Thea ever imagined, and Julian's filthy rich vampire family wants her out of the way. But with each moment they share, new dangers emerge: a desire as forbidden as their stolen touches, an awakening of a long-dead heart, and secrets that could tear them both apart. Contains mature themes.… (more)
Member:Si_Titran
Title:Filthy Rich Vampire (Filthy Rich Vampires, 1)
Authors:Geneva Lee (Author)
Info:Entangled: Amara (2023), 364 pages

Work Information

Filthy Rich Vampire (Filthy Rich Vampires, 1) by Geneva Lee

If someone were to summarize this book, it would be "Bridgerton meets Crazy Rich Asians with vampire seasons and fated mates." This is the first book in a series with our main male character, Julian, awakened by his brother after thirty-nine years of sleep. The reason? The Rites (a vampire season) is arriving and his mother wants him to find a witch to be his bride. Julian has no desire to marry - ever. That is until he meets Thea at the first event of the vampire season.

Thea, our female lead, is a broke student working three jobs to make ends meet and to help her mother with her treatments. When she takes up the job as a cellist at an event, she does not think she will be meeting with fate - until Julian crosses her path.

When Julian offers her deal - play his girlfriend and he will pay for her mother's treatments - Thea takes it unaware things are about to go sideways for the couple.

While I loved this book and its premise, I found the book lacking in storyline growth. For the first half of the book, it lagged to the point that I considered putting this book down. I had heard a lot of good things about this book, especially from friends, and this book was not delivering on it. The characters did seem to be clicking and their relationship lacked the chemistry I was expecting. This could be that this is just book one and its growth might come with book two.

That is what I am hoping for. ( )
  Revengelyne | Jun 24, 2024 |
Very enjoyable, sexy romp. Thea and Julian are from two totally different backgrounds — socially, financially, human vs vampire. The vampire world is full of dangers that Julian may not be able to protect her from. Deadly politics and family obligations stand between them. ( )
  bgknighton | Apr 18, 2024 |
1.5?

I wanted to read this because I thought it would be goofy fun, but it was simply infuriating.

I don't understand. Romance fiction's primary demographic is women. Trashy romance fiction is primarily written by women. BUT DESPITE THIS, romance fiction all caters toward patriarchal ideals of romance. Tell me. What is so sexy about the objectification of women? The vampire/human dynamic did not feel fun as I had hoped- it made the woman protag feel like an Object. Subjugation is sexy, according to this book. I had trouble focusing on little else when I felt like I was being propagated. The power dynamic is so large: this is something that is so common within this genre, and instead of diffusing it somehow, we love that? I don't want to rail this book too harshly; I'm just getting frustrated at how common of an occurrence this is.

So, idk, I felt like the biggest issue was that they didn't have enough fun with the vampire thing. It just felt like a really, really rich guy. Vampirism only acted as an allegory for his level of control, and it was very thinly veiled imo. Sometimes it was self-aware and funny, but it was only like a sentence at a time. Also why are they both so ridiculously hot???!

Idk. There was a "cliff hanger ending" and some meandering plot that could get interesting, but I would not recommend. ( )
  telamy | Nov 6, 2023 |
That ending though...
Highly suggest having the next book in the series ready to go after that one.

Filthy Rich Vampire is your typical 900+ year old vampire royal falling in love with a human. The FMC (vampire's human "pet") has literally no survival instincts and is 100% wholly wrapped up in the vampire MMC pretty much the minute he decides to protect her (he can't decide if he wants to eat her or protect her, shock). She literally is willing to do whatever he wants and I am just like...okay, cool.
For me, this is the worst in a vampire story. Please, FMC's have just a smidge of a brain!

Anywho, the story is quickly-paced and I recommend giving it a try if you love...
Vampires (the nonsparkly kind)
Forbidden romance
Fake engagement
Billionaire romances
Instant attraction

Thank you Entangled Amara for the early print copy to read. ( )
  Lea.Pearl | Oct 17, 2023 |
This was a strong case of mistaken identity. I meant to read another book with the same title. That said, I guess it was okay.
  Morgie99 | Jul 7, 2023 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,295,387 books! | Top bar: Always visible