Fire and Ice (Warriors, Book 2) by Erin…

Fire and Ice (Warriors, Book 2) (original 2003; edition 2004)

by Erin Hunter

Member:rockstarsheltie
Title:Fire and Ice (Warriors, Book 2)
Authors:Erin Hunter
Info:HarperCollins (2004), Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:To read
Tags:Warrior Cats

Fire and Ice (Warriors, Book 2) by Erin Hunter (2003)

English (24)  German (1)  English (25)
Man this book had me almost in tears. Okay, okay, so I'd had a rough week. But I was trying to escape awful reality, and then this book had just as much sadness and complexity and it just touched me, okay?

Oh Fireheart. Oh Graystripe. Oh Cloudkit. Oh Warriors series. I've now read this book six times, and that speaks for itself. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Nov 20, 2016 |
A great book, as are all the Warriors Saga books. The Original Saga are my favorite, this being one of them ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book for many reasons. The plot continues from the previous book and is entertaining. The writing captures and holds the reader's attention. The characters continue to be well-developed and appealing. Overall, the big idea could be that sometimes we have to look within ourselves for the truth. ( )
  mzellh1 | Mar 6, 2015 |
When an eleven year old sighs for months saying he wishes you could read this book, you read this book. Right, Jules?
  thesmellofbooks | Sep 8, 2014 |
Definitely a kids' book, a little bit predictable and paced a little fast for my liking (but then, I'm not a kid), but still enjoyable for an older audience.

I was very reluctant to read this, not because I thought it wouldn't be good, but because I was forced to read this second installment before the first, since the first was taken out of the library and said library is a little too far away for me to consider taking a trip just for one book. It was easy enough to grasp what had happened in the first book.

While this is a children's book, it brings up some great points for discussion with older children. I liked the inclusion of prejudice against "kittypets" and of the conflict between Graystripe and Fireheart. Fireheart's struggle to prove himself as a Clan member, having been a kittypet, is understandable and could provide a good jumping-off point for many discussions about judging people based on their pasts, rumours about them, and the like. Graystripe's inner struggle (which I won't describe here, for fear of spoilers) is a very young-adult kind of struggle that could apply to groups of friends going through conflict for the same reason.

This series could be a good one to use to get older, reluctant children to read because of the inclusion of these issues. Older children can relate to them while still being able to understand the writing itself.

I will probably read more of this series, as Hunter has left me wanting to see what happens. ( )
  athenaharmony | Jul 29, 2014 |

Erin Hunterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Pournin, CécileTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stokseth, LeneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weimann, KlausÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my son, Joshua, whose smiles kept me happy as I wrote, and Vicky, my editor, without whom Fireheart would never have become a warrior. Special thanks to Kate Cary.
Orange flames lapped at the cold air, throwing sparks up into the night sky.
"Leopardfur lifted her head and yowled into the wind, 'Whiteclaw! No!' Graystripe scrambled backward until all four paws were on safe ground. His wet fur was bristling and his eyes were wide with shock. 'I tried to grab him...he just lost his footing...I didn't mean to...'"
AR 5.4; 11 Pts

Deep in the heart of the forest, four clans of warrior cats coexist in uneasy harmony -- but uncertain times are upon them, and dangers threaten the precarious balance of the forest.

Fireheart is a ThunderClan warrior cat now, but his troubles are far from over. As the chill of winter sets in, the cats of rival RiverClan grow restless, while WindClan is weak and facing threats from all sides.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:50 -0400)

Fireheart, a full-fledged warrior cat, must confront questions of loyalty and identity as he faces the possibility of betrayal from within his own forest clan. Fireheart is a ThunderClan warrior cat now, but danger still lurks in the forest -- and possibly closer than he thinks. With the chill of winter setting in, the cats of rival RiverClan are growing restless, while WindClan is weak and facing threats from all sides. As tensions build to an explosive climax, Fireheart faces not only imminent battle, but betrayal from within his own Clan.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,638,677 books! | Top bar: Always visible