Fire and Ice (Warriors, Book 2) by Erin…

Fire and Ice (Warriors, Book 2) (original 2003; edition 2004)

by Erin Hunter

Member:rockstarsheltie
Title:Fire and Ice (Warriors, Book 2)
Authors:Erin Hunter
Info:HarperCollins (2004), Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:To read
Tags:Warrior Cats

Fire and Ice by Erin Hunter (2003)

English (25)  German (1)  All (26)
Book 2 of the Warriors series finds Fireheart in trouble and torn between the Clan world and his kittypet world. Wind Clan has been displaced from their territory and Fireheart and Graystripe are sent to find them and bring them back. Fights occur and Fireheart is caught between loyalty to the Clan and friendship.

I enjoyed this book. World building is still going on and surprises pop up when least expected. I like how the cats form their society and let their feelings show towards those who do wrong. I also like that they form alliances. When Fireheart brings back a newborn kittypet to the pack, he does it for himself although there will be advantages to the Clan. I also like this kitten, Cloudkit. He is independent, much like children who break the rules but the parents are proud of them because they did something good. I could feel that emotion in Fireheart and Bluestar but also their frustration with him.

I look forward to finding out if my suspicions about a traitor are true as I continue this series. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Dec 30, 2016 |
Man this book had me almost in tears. Okay, okay, so I'd had a rough week. But I was trying to escape awful reality, and then this book had just as much sadness and complexity and it just touched me, okay?

Oh Fireheart. Oh Graystripe. Oh Cloudkit. Oh Warriors series. I've now read this book six times, and that speaks for itself. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Nov 20, 2016 |
A great book, as are all the Warriors Saga books. The Original Saga are my favorite, this being one of them ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book for many reasons. The plot continues from the previous book and is entertaining. The writing captures and holds the reader's attention. The characters continue to be well-developed and appealing. Overall, the big idea could be that sometimes we have to look within ourselves for the truth. ( )
  mzellh1 | Mar 6, 2015 |
When an eleven year old sighs for months saying he wishes you could read this book, you read this book. Right, Jules?
  thesmellofbooks | Sep 8, 2014 |

Erin Hunterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Pournin, CécileTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stokseth, LeneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weimann, KlausÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my son, Joshua, whose smiles kept me happy as I wrote, and Vicky, my editor, without whom Fireheart would never have become a warrior. Special thanks to Kate Cary.
Orange flames lapped at the cold air, throwing sparks up into the night sky.
"Leopardfur lifted her head and yowled into the wind, 'Whiteclaw! No!' Graystripe scrambled backward until all four paws were on safe ground. His wet fur was bristling and his eyes were wide with shock. 'I tried to grab him...he just lost his footing...I didn't mean to...'"
AR 5.4; 11 Pts

Deep in the heart of the forest, four clans of warrior cats coexist in uneasy harmony -- but uncertain times are upon them, and dangers threaten the precarious balance of the forest.

Fireheart is a ThunderClan warrior cat now, but his troubles are far from over. As the chill of winter sets in, the cats of rival RiverClan grow restless, while WindClan is weak and facing threats from all sides.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:50 -0400)

Fireheart, a full-fledged warrior cat, must confront questions of loyalty and identity as he faces the possibility of betrayal from within his own forest clan. Fireheart is a ThunderClan warrior cat now, but danger still lurks in the forest -- and possibly closer than he thinks. With the chill of winter setting in, the cats of rival RiverClan are growing restless, while WindClan is weak and facing threats from all sides. As tensions build to an explosive climax, Fireheart faces not only imminent battle, but betrayal from within his own Clan.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,881,423 books! | Top bar: Always visible