Fire and Ice (Warriors, Book 2) by Erin…

Fire and Ice (Warriors, Book 2) (original 2003; edition 2004)

by Erin Hunter

1,121None7,374 (4.19)8
Member:rockstarsheltie
Title:Fire and Ice (Warriors, Book 2)
Authors:Erin Hunter
Info:HarperCollins (2004), Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:To read
Tags:Warrior Cats

Fire and Ice by Erin Hunter (2003)

Recently added byIanScott, private library, Sophie.J, Emily_Anne, Moglet, loki7, Alloria, Marylamb1414, Julieaims

English (19)  German (1)  All languages (20)
Tigerclaw is hiding something... something that could destroy everything.
Brokenstar had driven out WindClan from their own territory and made sure they were far away and wouldn't come back. on the way to the gathering Fireheart tried to tell Bluestar that Ravenpaw saw Tigerclaw killed Redtail and wanted to kill Ravenpaw, but she didn't believe him and got angry . At the first gathering Fireheart had as a warrior, all the clans were there but WindClan. Everyone was curious until Brokenstar said his clan drove them out because ShadowClan "needed" more hunting ground. Fireheart went hunting one day and caught a familiar sent, he found out that it was his sister Princess. He told his life and she gave him her strongest kit, Cloudkit. Fireheart took in a apprentice named Cinderpaw, she was very hyper and didn't listen much. Fireheart asked Bluestar if he could go bring back WindClan, and get their territory back, but Bluestar said she needed him here now that leaf-fall way coming. But Fireheart & Graystripe left anyway and set off toward the carrion place by sent. Fireheart found them and convinced Tallstar to bring his clan back to get what was rightfully theirs. On the way back some cats got injured by the rats and some didn't make it back. when they got back Fireheart got ThunderClan to help fight with WindClan to get what was theirs. They won and everything was almost right, Brokenstar still needed to be dealt with later.

This book was my favorite out of the 6 because in my opinion it was all actions and secrets that could end a cat or clan's life. Another reason was when Fireheart went behind Bluestar's back to help a rival clan. Fireheart had to prove so much to the ThunderClan cats that he can be loyal to his clan and follow the Warrior Code. But yet he broke 2, almost lost his clan's trust, and his life. I also like this specific one because was trying to tell cats about Tigerclaw but they never listened because of his kittypet (house cat) past but he never gave up. ( )
  JuliaW.G3 | Oct 18, 2013 |
A little bit of (in my opinion) needless meandering in the middle but overall a well-paced, fun-to-read book. My kids and I thoroughly enjoyed it. ( )
  TnTexas | Apr 1, 2013 |
Such a beautiful, imaginative series. I choose to believe this is what happened to my Taz after she went missing. I can easily picture her being Shadow Clan. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 9, 2012 |
Fire and Ice is awesome just like Into the Wild. It is full of adventure taken on by warrior cats! The book is amazing and is loaded with execitment in every chapter. ( )
  kenzie12368 | Mar 20, 2012 |
  BRCSBooks | Sep 1, 2011 |

Erin Hunterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pournin, CécileTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stokseth, LeneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weimann, KlausÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my son, Joshua, whose smiles kept me happy as I wrote, and Vicky, my editor, without whom Fireheart would never have become a warrior. Special thanks to Kate Cary.
Orange flames lapped at the cold air, throwing sparks up into the night sky.
"Leopardfur lifted her head and yowled into the wind, 'Whiteclaw! No!' Graystripe scrambled backward until all four paws were on safe ground. His wet fur was bristling and his eyes were wide with shock. 'I tried to grab him...he just lost his footing...I didn't mean to...'"
AR 5.4; 11 Pts

Deep in the heart of the forest, four clans of warrior cats coexist in uneasy harmony -- but uncertain times are upon them, and dangers threaten the precarious balance of the forest.

Fireheart is a ThunderClan warrior cat now, but his troubles are far from over. As the chill of winter sets in, the cats of rival RiverClan grow restless, while WindClan is weak and facing threats from all sides.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:18 -0400)

Fireheart, a full-fledged warrior cat, must confront questions of loyalty and identity as he faces the possibility of betrayal from within his own forest clan. Fireheart is a ThunderClan warrior cat now, but danger still lurks in the forest -- and possibly closer than he thinks. With the chill of winter setting in, the cats of rival RiverClan are growing restless, while WindClan is weak and facing threats from all sides. As tensions build to an explosive climax, Fireheart faces not only imminent battle, but betrayal from within his own Clan.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,472,724 books! | Top bar: Always visible