Home By Another Way by Barbara Brown Taylor

Home By Another Way (1999)

by Barbara Brown Taylor

209381,835 (4.24)5

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This story has a lovely cover. The graphic is eye catching and makes me want to pick it up. I look forward to reading this story when I receive it. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | Oct 19, 2018 |
This beautifully illustrated book lovingly tells the story of the Three Wise Men with a unique and different twist. The story includes aspects that would help a child to relate to the story, such as common features of everyday life--the smell of food cooking, the feel of a newborn baby when held in one's arms. My favorite part of the book was when the Wise Men were given the Baby to hold, and felt His presence in their lives. The illustrations add value and meaning to the story with their colorful and sometimes humorous nature. Even a young child would be able to tell the story based on the pictures. This book would be a good way to lead into the winter holidays, as well as a perfect gift selection for families to share.

I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed here are entirely mine. ( )
  LadyoftheLodge | Oct 9, 2018 |
Christianity
  CPI | Aug 1, 2016 |
For Harry Pritchett
who gave me room to grow

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Barbara Brown Taylor's book Home by Another Way: A Christmas Story is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,846,214 books! | Top bar: Always visible