HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Does It Hurt?

by H. D. Carlton

I finished this in one day and could not put it down! It’s the perfect amount of spice and thriller! I love these two and how they really don’t go together at all but they work. This is the first book in a long time that I didn’t find the girl boring, Sawyer is a bit weird, complicated and very funny.

I could do without the water boarding during sex and having sex in a shark cage and why was he always wanting to touch her teeth? ( )
  ALYSSAALBANESE | Jan 18, 2023 |
Wow. Does it hurt? Does it? Yes, it absolutely hurts. But dear God, this book was awesome. I have never cringed so much while reading. But I couldn't tear my eyes off of the page. I think by far what Enzo did was by far worse than what Sawyer did. And I knew there weren't any ghosts! I suspected it was his daughter or wife. This was so surprising and intriguing. Definitely dark but H.D. Carlton knows how to write for sure. This is the first book of hers that I've read but I'm tempted to immediately go buy more. I was genuinely scared in some parts. I hated yet loved at the same time. ( )
  CaudleFamilyLibrary | Dec 9, 2022 |
I’m not sure what H.D. Carlton puts in these books, but it’s my brand of heroine. I loved the constant tension between sawyer and Enzo and the sharks were definitely new for me but whew what a ride. ( )
  aalyssapaige | Nov 18, 2022 |
Who am I?

I've forgotten the answer to that question long ago. Ever since I ran from that house, so desperate to escape, I left with only the clothes on my back and socks on my feet. After that day, I've only ever walked in stolen shoes.

Could I be a girl who is searching for the meaning of life in faceless men? They were all so forgettable. Until he came along. He took me under a waterfall and made me forget my name, and in return, I took his instead.

Enzo Vitale.

An enigmatic man that will only ever love the deep sea. Or rather the predators that inhabit it. Turns out, he's not so different than the monsters he feeds. He lured me onto his boat like a fish in the ocean, seeking vengeance for my crime. Had I realized his intentions, and that a massive storm would leave us shipwrecked, I would've ran.

Now, I'm a girl who's seeking refuge in a decrepit lighthouse with a man who loathes me almost as much as he craves me. He wants to hurt me, but the old caretaker of the abandoned island may have intentions far more sinister.

It's no longer a question of who I am, but rather, will I survive?
  rachelprice14 | Nov 6, 2022 |
I have been wanting to read a book by this author for a while now and just have not gotten around to trying a book until now. Wow, after reading this book, I am definitely going to be checking out the author's other books.

As soon as I started reading this book I was hooked. I kept reading and reading and before you knew it, I was already halfway done with the book. The raw passion between Sawyer and Enzo was intense. It got amped up by Sawyer's feisty nature and Enzo's masculine persona. My new favorite male name is Enzo.

The title of this book says it all...Does It Hurt? Yes, it hurts so good that I want seconds and thirds! ( )
  Cherylk | Jul 19, 2022 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,895,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible