A Wild Rose

by Fiona Davis

Series: Amazon Original Stories - A Point in Time (5)

1841,196,405 (4.14)None

A Wild Rose is a short story that I would have loved to be longer. I loved reading about Gloria, who finds herself unable to perform and then how she rediscovers what she loves in life and how she reflects on what she wants in life. Sometimes a story doesn't have to be long, but sometimes the characters are so interesting you don't want to turn the last page. I felt that way with this book, despite the satisfying ending. ( )
  MaraBlaise | Feb 26, 2023 |
FROM AMAZON: 50-minute read
A troubled concert pianist searches for a new inspiration among the hidden back hallways of Carnegie Hall in bestselling author Fiona Davis’s bold short story of artistic ambition in 1950s New York.

World-renowned pianist Gloria Banderas is at the height of her career when a curious ailment forces her to cancel a sold-out performance at Carnegie Hall. The same day, she befriends one of the many free-spirited artists inhabiting the warren of apartments above the theater. With her career and marriage at a standstill, Gloria moves into an empty studio and convalesces among the poets, photographers, and dancers who eke out a living with total dedication to their art. As a return to her old routine beckons, Gloria must decide which parts of her life are worth fighting for.
  Gmomaj | Feb 20, 2023 |
Gloria Banderas is a concert pianist at the top of her game until a mysterious ailment stops her hand from working properly. Despite seeing multiple doctors, the problem remains and she resigns herself to never being able to work again. After making friends with the artists who live above Carnegie Hall where she is slated to play, she feels sorry for herself as she tries to determine what to do next with her life. When her husband finds a doctor to get help with her hand issue she reluctantly goes only to realize days later that she is getting better and must decide if she wants to continue to perform or move onto a new life.

Lisa Flanagan did such a wonderful job voicing Gloria as well as her friends at Carnegie. She was a joy to listen to. I have yet to find a Fiona Davis book that I do not like. She wrote a beautiful short story that also would have made an enjoyable full length novel. ( )
  Micareads | Sep 22, 2022 |
A Point In Time is a collection of some amazing short stories. If I talk about my favorite story, then it would be Landing by Olivia Hawker. The plot has emotions, responsibility and love for family. Other stories are also good, it was just that some of them had a very complex ending. Although, the characters are lovely. But, still the book is not meant to skip. And, the best part is you can finish the book within a day.

I would like to give the book 4 stars. Thanks to the authors for providing me an opportunity to read and review the book.

Read more on bibliophileverse.blogspot.com ( )
  Sucharita1986 | Aug 28, 2022 |

Fiona Davisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Flanagan, LisaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,801,463 books! | Top bar: Always visible