Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by…

Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (original 1972; edition 2001)

by Roald Dahl

Member:frodo9704
Title:Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
Authors:Roald Dahl
Info:Knopf Books for Young Readers (2001), Hardcover, 176 pages

Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl (1972)

adventure (48) British (29) chapter book (39) children (157) children's (311) children's books (46) children's fiction (86) children's literature (104) chocolate (27) classic (46) classics (24) Dahl (36) fantasy (298) fiction (522) humor (71) illustrated (24) juvenile (53) juvenile fiction (27) kids (43) novel (44) own (25) read (72) Roald Dahl (64) science fiction (36) sequel (23) series (33) space (29) Willy Wonka (52) YA (31) young adult (64)

Awsome book love it ( )
  SchusReadingStars | Oct 30, 2013 |
This was a much sillier book than its predecessor. And I loved every word.
This was Dahl "in spaaaaaaace......". Over the top situations, stupid adults, smart kid, crazy creatures. The only way it could have been better is if it had been served with melted caramel covering.

Bookstooge | Sep 26, 2013 |
Well, that was racist. Nonetheless, onto more Dahl! ( )
  AmberTheHuman | Aug 30, 2013 |
I want an elevator like this. All the same, not as good as the first. ( )
  Snukes | Jun 14, 2013 |
I enjoyed this follow-up to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory way back in elementary school, though it didn't have quite the charm of "Chocolate Factory." It reminds me of the Harry Potter series that way, in that I enjoyed all of the Potter books, but the very first one had a special charm in introducing me to that special world. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |

Roald Dahlprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Blake, QuentinIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Freezer, HarriëtTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Idle, EricNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schindelman, JosephIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
FOr my daughters Tessa Ophelia Lucy and for my godson Edmund Pollinger
The last time we saw Charlie, he was riding high above his home town in the Great Glass Elevator.

Who'd ever think a poor British boy would ever go to space, ride in an incredible glass elevator, or even have an negative two year old grandmother! These are only a few of the many challenges Charlie will face. You can pick up where the first book, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, left off. Join Charlie, his four grandparents, his parents, and of course, Mr. Wonka for an unforgettable story readers of all ages will love!

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0142410322, Paperback)

Picking right up where Charlie and the Chocolate Factory left off, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator continues the adventures of Charlie Bucket, his family, and Willy Wonka, the eccentric candy maker. As the book begins, our heroes are shooting into the sky in a glass elevator, headed for destinations unknown. What follows is exactly the kind of high-spirited magical madness and mayhem we've all come to expect from Willy Wonka and his creator Roald Dahl. The American space race gets a send-up, as does the President, and Charlie's family gets a second chance at childhood. Throw in the Vermicious Knids, Gnoolies, and Minusland and we once again witness pure genius. (Ages 9 to 12)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:59 -0400)

Taking up where Charlie and the Chocolate Factory leaves off, Charlie, his family, and Mr. Wonka find themselves launched into space in the great glass elevator.

Three editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141322691, 0141807806, 0141333170

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,583,631 books! | Top bar: Always visible