Subtle Bodies

by Jordan Castillo Price

Series: PsyCop (13)

2021,102,848 (3.81)None

Vic and Jacob visit small town Iowa to investigate a string of public stripping incidents that looks suspiciously like possession. Could the GhosTV they find running in an otherwise abandoned house be the cause?

Why I picked it up: It's a PsyCop novel, and I've been a fan from the beginning.

Why I finished it: It's not the best, but I like its exploration of different energies and the effects they have on Vic and Jacob's powers. The notion of the ka and the body operating independent of it was a fascinating plot device. The reappearance of the GhosTV and the frequent throwbacks to Roger Burke and Jennifer Chance made me really want to revisit early series entries.

I'd give it to: Doesn't stand on its own, but the PsyCop series is top-notch paranormal detective writing, and I'd recommend it to anyone who wouldn't be put off by the graphic gay sex. ( )
  yarmando | Feb 4, 2023 |
So, I was prepared to put this in the 'fine, nice to spend time with the guys but not exceptional' category, but that ending made the whole thing better. it was no neatly done that I can give this a solid four stars rather than three. ( )
  terriaminute | Dec 4, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

PsyCop (13)
I am large, I contain multitudes.

-Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
Aside from TV—or the occasional funeral—most people tend to go about their business without stumbling across a body.

Jordan Castillo Price is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,893,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible