Stormy Weather (1995)

by Carl Hiaasen

Series: Skink (3)

When a hurricane hits Florida, some people waste no time in exploiting it. The novel follows a few of them, including a woman who abandons a scheme to sleep with a Kennedy for a more lucrative insurance rip-off, and a former governor who turns avenger to protect the community from just such people.

I read a Hiaasen every year. No one has a better set of Florida man characters. ( )
  auldhouse | Sep 30, 2021 |
Not one of my favorite Hiaasen books - but still a fun, entertaining summer read. ( )
  carolfoisset | Aug 29, 2021 |
hurricane brings out the worst in people and gathers several into unexpected adventures
  ritaer | Jun 4, 2021 |
By far I think this is the best of the "Skink" books to date. It has a little of everything - great characters, suspense, plot twists and turns, bad guys & gals, good guys & gals who are just regular folks, and to top it off a hurricane and the associated carnage that goes with it. Death, destruction, murder, and mayhem. What more could you ask for? Skink continues to evolve as a charater along with his friend Jim Tile who are the two recurring characters in this series. I have yet to pick a Hiaasen book that wasn't a compelling read and this one is no exception. ( )
  Al-G | Apr 7, 2021 |
Hilarious as usual, and very much entertained by their dialogues which came out so natural. At one point I wasn't sure where the story was heading, regardless it was a good ride. I love all his colorful characters whether they are the good guys or crooks. ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |
On August 23, the day before the hurricane struck, Max and Bonnie Lamb awoke early, made love twice and rode the shuttle bus to Disney World.
For Donna, Camille, Hugo and Andrew

Hachette Book Group

2 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446603422, 0446677167

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,329,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible