Outfield Menace by Mark A. Roeder
Outfield Menace is the tale of Kurt, a fifteen-year-old baseball player, and living in a small, 1950s, Indiana town. During a confrontation with Angel, the resident bad boy of Blackford High School, Kurt attacks Angel, earning the wrath of the most dangerous gang in town. When Angel finally corners Kurt, however, something happens that Kurt wouldn't have imagined in his wildest dreams. As the murder of a local boy is uncovered, suspicion is cast upon Angel, but Kurt has learned there's more to Angel than his bad boy image. Angel has a secret, however, that could get both Kurt and himself killed. Outfield Menace is a story of friendship, love, adventure, and perilous danger.… (more)

I have come across two other books by Mark A Roeder. Never tried to finish those books. But this Outfield Menace might change my thought of his books.

I liked Outfield Menace for the fact that it was not another senseless young adult gay themed film. The story was not outstanding but yet, I felt the need to know more of whatever that could happen to Kurt and his relationship with Angel.

Sure, some plots were rather questionable. Even Ryan was a weak character to be included in the book, but there was a nice touch of bonding between Kurt and Angel, and I was rather interested with Kurt's issue with his brother, Sam.

The ending was rather simple, but it was a nice welcome, compared to many sleazy erotica out there. ( )
  starlight70 | Feb 13, 2012 |
This book is dedicated to all the non-gays who ignore the lies of the prejudiced and treat others with the kindness and respect that all, gay and non-gay alike, deserve.
A two-week search by local and county authorities has turned up no trace of 15-year-old Matt Taber, who disappeared the evening of Tuesday, March 4, on his way home from baseball practice.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,817,794 books! | Top bar: Always visible