Home Sweet Christmas: A Novel (Wishing Tree)…

Home Sweet Christmas: A Novel (Wishing Tree) (edition 2022)

by Susan Mallery (Author)

Series: Wishing Tree (1)

"The perfect holiday confection."--Booklist From #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery comes a witty and heartfelt story of two friends who unexpectedly find the person-and the place in which-they belong this Christmas. With twinkling humor and heartfelt Christmas spirit, two friends find love in a town called Wishing Tree... Until Camryn Neff can return to her "real" life in Chicago, she's in Wishing Tree to care for her twin sisters. She's not looking for forever love, not here. But handsome hotelier Jake Crane is a temptation she can't resist, so she suggests they pair up for the season. No golden rings, no broken hearts. At his side, she sees her hometown through Christmas-colored eyes. The cheer is cheerier, the joy more joyful. She thought she had put her future on hold...but maybe her real life was here all along, waiting for her to come home. New in town, River Best is charmed by Wishing Tree's homespun traditions and warmhearted people. When she's crowned Snow Queen, she's honored but wary. Dylan Tucker, her king, seems like the stuff of sugarplum dreams, but she can't shake the feeling that he's hiding something big. As they perform their "royal" duties--tasting cookies, lighting trees--Dylan's good humor and melty kisses draw her to the brink of love. But she can't let herself fall until she uncovers his secret, even if her lack of faith means losing him forever.  … (more)
Member:cassanbo
Title:Home Sweet Christmas: A Novel (Wishing Tree)
Authors:Susan Mallery (Author)
Info:HQN (2022), Edition: Original, 400 pages

Work Information

Home Sweet Christmas by Susan Mallery

This Christmas romance follows the formula of boy meets girl, boy loses girl, and well, you know how it ends. In this case, the story is about two couples and the lives they lead. Their lives aren’t typical, which makes the story more interesting. It’s certainly not a Hallmark type of story, but a chick-lit romance. ( )
  Maydacat | Oct 31, 2022 |
Susan Mallery delivers another heartwarming romance set in the enchanting town of Wishing Tree.

When Camryn Neff’s mother died, she moved to Wishing Tree, leaving her life in Chicago behind…for the time being. She is now the guardian of her teenage twin sisters.

River Best was charmed by the quaint little town when she first visited her sister there. So charmed, she decided to stay.

Camryn and River fall in love with the all-too-perfect men. (Hey, a girl can dream!) Jake Crane catches Camryn’s eye, and she can’t resist. But Camryn plans to move back to Chicago when the twins go to college. She can’t fall in love with someone in Wishing Tree. They begin a romance with an expiration date. For River, keeping secrets is a deal breaker, and her new love Dylan Tucker has a big secret. Of course, their romances can’t come to fruition without some angst thrown in. For all four lovers, this is a story of loss and healing.

I really liked Jake’s mother. She does meddle in her son’s life, but sometimes it is needed. I had a few chuckles over her antics. And I fell in love with the little dog so adorably named Tinsel.

A small town with warm and friendly residents filled with the Christmas spirit…well, don’t you think you need to visit Wishing Tree?

Susan Mallery writes beautiful family-themed stories with happily-ever-after endings. Just what is needed for the holidays!

You will enjoy this book if you enjoy novels with close-knit families, some romance, and humor. ( )
  BettyTaylor56 | Oct 22, 2022 |
Home Sweet Christmas is another wonderful book from author, Susan Mallery. It definitely got me into the holiday spirit. It is never too early to start reading Christmas books. I could see this book playing out on the Hallmark channel. Of the two couples through I do have a favorite. It is River and Dylan. This is because I saw a bit of myself in River as being an introvert. So, they relationship moved at a slower and sweet pace. This is not to say that I did not like Camryn and Jake as a couple too. They brought more of the spicer side.

Although Susan does a great job of making not just the main characters so enjoyable but all of the other ones as well. So that they don’t feel like just add ins but people that you want to hang out with. If Wishing Tree was a real place I would want to visit and hang with everyone. Readers of Susan will love this holiday read. Home Sweet Christmas is a sweet holiday treat of a read! ( )
  Cherylk | Oct 5, 2022 |
Camryn Neff had to give up her life in Chicago to come home to Wishing Tree to raise her 15 year old twin sisters, Lily and Victoria, and run the family wrapping paper business when her mother died, and she only plans on staying as long as it takes for the twins to graduate from high school and go off to college. Needless to say, romance is off the table, as is anything that could keep her from moving on when the time comes for her to resume her life in Chicago. River Best is an introvert who is new in town and who is surprised when she actually makes some good friends who are determined to bring her out of her shell. Jake Crane is a rich hotelier who has come close to marrying before, but always manages to screw it up (his words, not mine), And last but not least, we have Dylan Tucker, Jake's best friend, who is also from Wishing Tree, who runs a successful woodworking business, and is keeping a pretty big secret from the whole town.

My favorite thing about this book is the setting, Wishing Tree, Washington. I mean, seriously, how can you not love a town where the street names include West Mistletoe Way, Jolly Way, and Mittens Avenue, and where the shops around The Wreath ("Wishing Tree's answer to the traditional town square) include Blitzen's Pub, Long John's Pajama Shop, and The Egg Nog! The characters were all likeable, although I found Helen, Jake's mom, way too nosy and who interfered enough that by the end of the book I just didn't like her at all. The romances were cute, if not predictable, but I loved the relationships between the girls and their families the most.

All in all, I found this a sweet, heartwarming holiday story, and wholeheartedly recommend it.

5/5 stars.

*** I would like to thank NetGalley, Harlequin Romance, and Susan Mallery for the opportunity to read and review this book. ( )
  jwitt33 | Sep 24, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

Susan Mallery is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 179,834,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible