Fire Study (Study, Book 3) by Maria V.…

Fire Study (Study, Book 3) (edition 2008)

by Maria V. Snyder (Author)

Series: Ixia/Sitia (3), Yelena (3), Studies (3), Study (3), Chronicles of Ixia (3)

When word that Yelena is a Soulfinder -- able to capture and release souls -- spreads like wildfire, people grow uneasy. Already Yelena's unusual abilities and past have set her apart. As the Council debates Yelena's fate, she receives a disturbing message: a plot is rising against her homeland, led by a murderous sorcerer she has defeated before ... Honor sets Yelena on a path that will test the limits of her skills, and the hope of reuniting with her beloved spurs her onward. Her journey is fraught with allies, enemies, lovers and would-be assassins, each of questionable loyalty. Yelena will have but one chance to prove herself -- and save the land she holds dear.… (more)
Member:girlwithsixarms
Title:Fire Study (Study, Book 3)
Authors:Maria V. Snyder (Author)
Info:MIRA (2008), Edition: Original, 400 pages

Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder (Author)

English (110)  Dutch (1)  All languages (111)
Review to come.. ( )
  Hyms | Aug 9, 2020 |
How many times can one be captured? The first 200 pages were pretty bad, not gonna lie. Then I enjoyed myself a bit more? But it still wasn't great and I kept missing the important sentences and scenes while the boring, pointless parts took up pages upon pages (or at least it felt like it). The "banter" just made me cringe - especially between Leif and Yelena. And the villain(s)? I didn't even understand the powers of the Fire Warper and the Other Main Villain was just... so boring when they were revealed. I kept hoping it would be Zitara (in Magic Study I already thought it'd be most interesting if she was Ferde), but Roze???? How utterly BORING. The mean person the villain, you say? What a surprise.

I'm so disappointed where this series eventually went after the first book was so good. I have the other three books on my shelf and I think I'm going to give them a shot after a bit of a break. Since they were written so much later, I'm holding out hope... ( )
  j_tuffi | May 30, 2020 |
DNF

I read about 52% or so of this books, & I just couldn't continue anymore.
I don't know what happened, although I really loved the passed books I just can't get into this one. I found it extremly boring and does not suit my taste.

I'm so disappointed, I honestly wanted to continue this serie because I was excited for the next installement (Soulfinders) but apparently it did not meet my expectations, such a bummer :/ ....
  Leila.Khouane | May 24, 2020 |
this was a great series, Yelena wasn't your typical whiny YA heroine...granted she pissed and moaned over some things, but because of her past she just took most of it in stride. The love between yelena and Valek is awesome, and MVS. didn't make them out to be the perfect couple either which was great. Fire study was an intense book there was a lot in it, and it wasn't pushed or smooshed together, it wasn't rushed or anything it all ran so smoothly it was a great story. I enjoyed this series and can't wait to read the Glass Series and Opal's advantures. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
2.5 stars. I found it to be a bit dull, to be honest--that's why it took me almost two months to finish it. I don't think I'll be continuing this series. ( )
  KendraJ. | Dec 10, 2019 |

Snyder, Maria V.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Zackman, GabraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my parents, James and Vincenza, for your constant support and encouragement in all my endeavours. You sparked the fire.
"That's pathetic, Yelena," Dax complained.

Yelena's new role as Soulfinder has made the Sitian Council uneasy. Worried that her new powers will corrupt her, the Council debates her fate. Yelena, though is trying to keep Sitia and Ixia from going to war. In the middle of political wrangling, Yelena receives a disturbing message: a plot is rising against her homeland, led by Ferde, the Soulstealer who murdered eleven girls and has escaped from prison with Cahil Ixia’s help. Cahil believes if he joins with the new Daviian Clan, he will have enough support to regain the Ixian throne. Testing the limit of her skills, Yelena becomes embroiled in the desperate fight to stop Ferde and the Daviian Clan from siphoning enough power to unleash a Fire Warper on the world. That would be worst than war between the northern and southern lands. Especially since, of all the powers Yelena possesses, she couldn't set fire to a candle wick if her life depended on it. And there is more at stake than just her life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,648,369 books! | Top bar: Always visible