Naruto Volume 16 by Kishimoto Masashi

Naruto Volume 16

by Kishimoto Masashi

Series: Naruto (16)

Death in the village! When the dust settles from Orochimaru's attack, the shinobi find that not everyone has survived. While the ninja mourn, an unlikely candidate is chosen for greatness, a long-lost ninja returns with a dangerous entourage, and Naruto finds his life in more turmoil than ever before.… (more)
Member:Real_BookWorm86
Rating:*****
Tags:Ninja, Magic, Action/Adventure

Work Information

Naruto, Volume 16: Eulogy by Masashi Kishimoto

Unlike a lot of wrap-up writing, especially in manga, this felt right. A lot progresses, quickly, speeding up and accomplishing a lot in comparison to the great fight scenes from the previous volume. Seeing Gaara brought low, and seeing a hint of what he will later become, was nice, but the funeral served more than a few functions, too.

And then, if we were wondering where we could turn to next for plot, we've got Itachi, the man Sasuke must kill.

I tell you, this whole story gets so much better AFTER you know what's going to eventually happen. Spoilers are nothing. The tale holds so damn well no matter what.

To me, that's a mark of genius. ( )
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |
The little pile of sand cradling the single leaf after the Gaara confrontation...such a perfect panel.

A lot happens in this volume, but, like with previous volumes, the pacing is somehow really well done. We move into the next adventure and adversary but nothing feels rushed or chaotic. ( )
  Octjillery | May 5, 2020 |

Masashi Kishimotoprimary authorall editionscalculated
shi, An ban jiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,138,905 books! | Top bar: Always visible