Dream Psychology by Sigmund Freud

Dream Psychology (edition 2013)

by Sigmund Freud

198499,808 (3.34)1
Dreams have a meaning. Once we learn how to interpret them, we can begin to decipher their meaning. In "Dream Psychology", published in 1920, Freud demonstrates how the interpretation of dreams can illuminate the desires of the unconscious.
Member:Veliswa
Title:Dream Psychology
Authors:Sigmund Freud
Info:E.S. Books (2013), Paperback, 140 pages

Dream Psychology by Sigmund Freud

This was a great read. Although Freud's theories are not science, it is a good experience to permeate yourself in delving into his world, his ideas, and his conceptualizations of psychology and psychiatry. There are patterns here, but also information that gives you insight if you delve deep enough into the text. This book is definitely worth reading for Freud, psychology, or psychiatry enthusiasts. ( )
  DanielSTJ | May 26, 2019 |
OK I didn't enjoy this book at all. I don't understand what a stairwell has to do with a woman's
hoo-ha. I figured I would try to read it to see if Freud's theories were as far out there as I had heard. ( )
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
Dream Psychology is by famous and controversial psychologist, Sigmund Freud. In this book he gives an in depth analysis about dreams and theorizes the meanings behind them.

This would be a good book for a psychology high school class because it analyzes something that is interesting and that all students can relate to. It would spark many questions and debates that could be beneficial towards generating discussions and different perspectives among students.
  garrasir | Sep 27, 2010 |

2012 Reprint of 1921 Edition. Exact facsimile of the original edition, not reproduced with Optical Recognition Software. Sigmund Freud founded the psychoanalytic school of psychology and is perhaps best known for his focus on the unconscious mind. Freud believed that the interpretation of dreams was important as a point of entry into unconscious desires and the unconscious mind. In "Dream Psychology" we have an exploration of Freud's theories on the interpretation of dreams and through the reading of the following nine chapters of this book readers will gain a better understanding of the theories that made Sigmund Freud such an important figure in the world of psychology: I. Dreams Have a Meaning, II. The Dream Mechanism, III. Why the Dream Disguises the Desires, IV. Dream Analysis, V. Sex in Dreams, VI. The Wish in Dreams, VII. The Function of the Dream, VIII. The Primary and Secondary Process-Regression, and IX. The Unconscious and Consciousness-Reality.

Urban Romantics

An edition of this book was published by Urban Romantics.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,909,427 books! | Top bar: Always visible