The True Love Experiment by Christina Lauren

The True Love Experiment (edition 2023)

by Christina Lauren (Author)

Series: DNA Duo (2)

Felicity "Fizzy" Chen is lost. Sure, she's got an incredible career as a beloved romance novelist with a slew of bestsellers under her belt, but when she's asked to give a commencement address, it hits her: she hasn't been practicing what she's preached. Fizzy hasn't ever really been in love. Lust? Definitely. But that swoon-worthy, can't-stop-thinking-about-him, all-encompassing feeling? Nope. Nothing. What happens when the optimism she's spent her career encouraging in readers starts to feel like a lie? Connor Prince, documentary filmmaker and single father, loves his work in large part because it allows him to live near his daughter. But when his profit-minded boss orders him to create a reality TV show, putting his job on the line, Connor is out of his element. Desperate to find his romantic lead, a chance run-in with an exasperated Fizzy offers Connor the perfect solution. What if he could show the queen of romance herself falling head-over-heels for all the world to see? Fizzy gives him a hard pass-unless he agrees to her list of demands. When he says yes, and production on The True Love Experiment begins, Connor wonders if that perfect match will ever be in the cue cards for him, too.… (more)
Member:beckylynn92
Title:The True Love Experiment
Authors:Christina Lauren (Author)
Info:Gallery Books (2023), 416 pages

Work Information

The True Love Experiment by Christina Lauren

The sequel to Soulmates surpassed my expectations. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll read any Christina Lauren release, but The Soulmate Equation wasn’t my favorite of theirs. Also, pop-stars, celebritism, and reality shows aren’t anywhere near the top of my favorite trope list, leading me into The True Love Experiment with less than effusive enthusiasm. I love being wrong about books on this end of the spectrum. The True Love Experiment was utterly delightful (no wonder all those fangirls were asking for Fizzy’s story). This was pure entertainment captured completely in Fizzy’s fun personality—her unapologetic humor and lifestyle choices matched by her genuine warmth and endearing loyalty. Fizzy’s antics, the chemistry between her and proper-comportment-producer Connor, and the nod to romance readers and writers alike made this book so devourable.
  lizallenknapp | Apr 20, 2024 |
Fizzy Chen has always been super open to sex and romance, particularly as a prolific and popular romance author. But for the past year, she's been unable to write and her interest in sex, nevermind a relationship, has been non-existent. Then she meets Connor Prince, a producer of environmental documentaries whose been pushed by his employer to produce a reality dating show, and is offered the position as the lead in his new project. Fizzy isn't that interested in the idea and intends to scare off Connor by giving him a ridiculous list of criteria for the men she'd date on the show. But then he manages to fulfill her every demand and now Fizzy and Connor are spending a lot of time together. But as Fizzy tries to find a love match in front of the camera, the real sparks might just be flying behind the scenes.

I ADORED this romance, which is a sequel to The Soulmate Equation. Fizzy is a fantastic protagonist and her brash and open personality along with the dating show scenario offers plenty of opportunities for the humour I love about Christina Lauren's books. Connor is also a compelling a character and I thoroughly enjoyed watching these two fall for each other. Also the ending made me so happy I cried (yeah, I'm that sap). Highly recommended for romance fans. ( )
  MickyFine | Apr 3, 2024 |
i usually like the way these two write banter, and this is no exception. it's maybe even a bit too much, possibly? or maybe just hard to believe that anyone could be as self assured as fizzy and speak so openly. i do love her honesty and her willingness to be adventurous and find connection. maybe not quite all of this worked for me but generally i found it entertaining and well done. i especially love the positive relationship that we see between connor and his ex, and how they're still close friends even if not married. ( )
  overlycriticalelisa | Jan 30, 2024 |
How could I not love it when romance novels and reality TV collide?

I knocked off one star because of the high volume of unnecessary dick jokes but otherwise full marks. Cute, funny, romantic, A like-able characters.

I forgot to mention: the kindle version has little animated fireworks at the chapter start. I think it’s just because of page refresh but it’s very cute. ( )
  hmonkeyreads | Jan 25, 2024 |
This was so fun. It felt like it was written primarily for romance fangirls, but in the best way. My favorite part was how funny it was. Alternate title: The True Rom-Com Experience.

I also really liked that Fizzy and Connor were honest and transparent with each other. There's a cliche in romance novels where the conflict is mainly based on miscommunication or lack of communication between the leads. That is not the case in this book. So refreshing.

If you like this, you should read [b:Thank You for Listening|59314703|Thank You for Listening|Julia Whelan|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1652105760l/59314703._SY75_.jpg|93466843], which is also a very inside baseball novel for romance devotees. ( )
  LibrarianDest | Jan 3, 2024 |

Christina Laurenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cole, JonathanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kay, CindyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

This one is a blatant love letter to our genre. There be romance in these pages.

And for Jennifer Yuen, Patty Lai, Eileen Ho, Kayla Lee, and Sandria Wong. There's a piece of each of you in here. We are so grateful that you shared yourselves, and we hope we've made you proud.
I was born the first of three children, but I joke that I'm like that first pancake.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,010,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible