The Hopi Survival Kit: The Prophecies,…

The Hopi Survival Kit: The Prophecies, Instructions and Warnings Revealed… (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Thomas E. Mails

Now made public for the first time--an ancient Hopi spiritual guide that may hold the key to our survival in the next millennium For nearly a century the Elders of Hotevilla--a tiny village on a remote Hopi reservation in Arizona--have been guarding the secrets and prophecies of a thousand-year-old covenant that was created to ensure the well-being of the earth and its creatures. But the elders are dying, and there is no one left to pass on its remarkable teachings. Renowned Native American expert Thomas Mails was chosen by the last surviving elders to reveal to the outside world the sacred Hopi prophecy and instructions at precisely the time in history when they are most urgently needed. The Hopi Survival Kit is the first full revelation of traditional Hopi prophecy. Many of its predictions have already been realized, but the most shattering apocalyptic events are still to occur. And though this may be a sobering realization, it is also our best defense. For the Hopi teachings give detailed instructions for survival--our actions can alter the pace and intensity of what will happen and help avoid a cataclysmic end.… (more)
Member:SJBergstrom
Title:The Hopi Survival Kit: The Prophecies, Instructions and Warnings Revealed by the Last Elders (Compass)
Authors:Thomas E. Mails
Info:Penguin Books (1997), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 400 pages

The Hopi Survival Kit by Thomas E. Mails (1997)

This book SEEMS like a hoax. The basic premise is that an old Hopi has revealed the secrets of his tribe for the world - a prophecy of the end of the current scheme of things blah blah blah.

One fatal mistake was to quote this thousand year old prophecy as predicting that "when the carriages run without horses and a web is stretched over the world ... such and such will happen" First off, a thousand years ago there were no horses in the Americas - period. That word would not have been in their vocabulary! I'm a Mormon, and I still don't believe anything this book purports!

Save yourself some time and read a real book on Hopi culture, and you will gain a better understanding on their view of the world, where it is now, where it was and where they think it will be going in the future. ( )
1 vote StarofSophia | Feb 4, 2008 |
To all the Traditionalists who for nearly a thousand years preserved the message from the Creator that will enable the planet and us to survive.
Techqua Ikachi! is the creed of the Hopi Traditionalists.

Now made public for the first time - an ancient Hopi spiritual guide that may hold the key to our survival in the next millennium.

For nearly a century the Elders of Hotevilla - a tiny village on a remote Hope reservation in Arizona - have been guarding the secrets and prophecies of a thousand-year-old covenant that was created to ensure the well-being of the earth and its creatures. But the Elders are dying, and there is o one left to pass on its remarkable teachings. Renowned Native American expert Thomas Mails was chosen by the last surviving Elders to reveal to the outside world the sacred Hopi prophecy and instructions at precisely the time in history when they are most urgently needed. The Hopi Survival Kit  is the first full revelation of traditions Hopi Prophecy. Many of its predictions have already been realized, but the mos shattering apocalyptic events are still to occur. And though this may be a sobering realization, it is also our best defense. For the Hopi teachings give detailed instructions for survival - our actions can alter the pace and intensity of what will happen and help[ avoid a cataclysmic end.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,147,904 books! | Top bar: Always visible