From the World of Percy Jackson: The Sun and…

From the World of Percy Jackson: The Sun and the Star (The Nico Di Angelo Adventures) (original 2023; edition 2023)

by Rick Riordan (Author)

Fantasy. Juvenile Fiction. Mythology. LGBTQIA+ (Fiction.) HTML:

Demigods Nico di Angelo and Will Solace must endure the terrors of Tartarus to rescue an old friend in this thrilling adventure co-written by New York Times #1 best-selling author Rick Riordan and award-winning author Mark Oshiro. Percy Jackson fans, rejoice! Nico and Will have a book of their own! As the son of Hades, Nico di Angelo has been through so much, from the premature deaths of his mother and sister, to being outed against his will, to losing his friend Jason during the trials of Apollo. But there is a ray of sunshine in his lifeâ??literally: his boyfriend, Will Solace, the son of Apollo. Together the two demigods can overcome any obstacle or foe. At least, that's been the case so far . . . Now Nico is being plagued by a voice calling out to him from Tartarus, the lowest part of the Underworld. He thinks he knows who it is: a reformed Titan named Bob whom Percy and Annabeth had to leave behind when they escaped Hades's realm. Nico's dreams and Rachel Dare's latest prophecy leave little doubt in Nico's mind that Bob is in some kind of trouble. Nico has to go on this quest, whether Mr. D and Chiron like it or not. And of course Will insists on coming with. But can a being made of light survive in the darkest part of the world? and what does the prophecy mean that Nico will have to "leave something of equal value behind?" Nico will have to face demons both internal and external as his relationship with Will is tested to the core in this standalone adventure featuring two of the most popular characters in the Percy Jackson saga. Complete your Nico di Angelo collection with these series by Rick Riordan: Percy Jackson and the Olympians The Heroes of Olympus The Trials of Apollo… (more)

Member:amcguff13
Title:From the World of Percy Jackson: The Sun and the Star (The Nico Di Angelo Adventures)
Authors:Rick Riordan (Author)
Info:Disney Hyperion (2023), 480 pages

Work Information

The Sun and Star by Rick Riordan (2023)

LOVED IT!!! Once again Rick Riordan hits a home run. This expansion of Nico and Will's character arcs and backstories are absolutely amazing. I love how much emotional growth both boys show by the end. The story itself was properly scary at the right parts, with descriptions that were easy to follow and picture in my mind. I liked how this story touched on several of the other storylines in the series, and lots of recurring characters reemerged. Riordan's inclusion of LGBTQ characters was brilliantly done, without any overemphasis on it, but still important to the character development and the storyline. As a Queer reader myself, it is really nice and refreshing to have so many other Queer and queer coded people throughout the story to connect to. A+ Mr. Riordan! ( )
  Toby.Palevsky-Smith | Jun 10, 2024 |
TW/CW: Violence, death, scary situations

RATING: 3.5/5

REVIEW: The Sun and The Star is a new novel in the Percy Jackson-verse that follows Nico di Angelo and his boyfriend Will Solace into Tartarus on a quest.

I enjoyed this book. I love the characters and the quest was properly terrifying. Nico and Will both suffered in their own ways, and I liked how they both learned more about themselves and each other by the end.

The ending felt a little longer than it should have been – I thought each chapter would be the last, and it wasn’t.

I also wasn’t exactly sure why we had little interludes with Gorgyra for about half the book – I wasn’t exactly sure what purpose they served.

But I still enjoyed this book and seeing more of Nico and Will! I hope there will be more of these in the future. ( )
  Anniik | Oct 31, 2023 |
My grumpy ball of darkness, my little night light.

We waited for this a long time and now we finally got this. To all the Nicos, Wills and Pipers and everyone in between, we finally have this story and it was beautiful. Nico has been one of my favorites for a long time, but as many others I found his previous arc to be well a little unfair. How it was only darkness all the time.

And now I am here to say that they did it. Riordan and Oshiro did it. The arc could have not went on in any other way than this. And yes. It was a little absurd at places, but it was good this way. There might have been some murder threats against the authors while reading this, but yeah. I adored this.

Thanks for gifting us that story ( )
  Hexenwelt | Sep 6, 2023 |
The plot and the pacing felt incredibly uneven and thin, which overshadowed any good moments that happened. ( )
  bookwyrmm | Jul 14, 2023 |
I love that we finally got a book centered on Nico! But also, is Riordan going to throw every demigod couple into Tartarus to face a primordial being?

I liked the little vignettes between the chapters about Nico and Will's relationship and how it formed and grew. I also liked how their relationship grew through their experience.

I hope to see more of Will and Nico (and thr Coco Puffs!) in the future! ( )
  BarnesBookshelf | Jun 27, 2023 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Oshiro, Markmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

To all the Nicos, Wills, Pipers, and everyone in between: this is for you.May you shine as bright as the sun and the stars.
"Nico di Angelo, why don't you tell me a story?"

Fantasy. Juvenile Fiction. Mythology. LGBTQIA+ (Fiction.) HTML:

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,122,658 books! | Top bar: Always visible