The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's…

The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, Book 2) (original 2000; edition 2006)

by Megan Whalen Turner

Series: Queen's Thief (2)

2,0661075,957 (4.2)1 / 243
Forsaken by the gods and left to his own devices, Eugenides, Royal Thief of Eddis, summons all his wit and wiles in an attempt to conquer the rival Queen of Attolia.
Member:DavidGlover
Title:The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, Book 2)
Authors:Megan Whalen Turner
Info:Greenwillow Books (2006), Paperback, 368 pages

The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner (2000)

Recently added byRennie80, private library, OutOfTheBestBooks, sanchita19, keachachu, abigailwaldner

I was disappointed to see that this book, the second book in the series, was told from a different character's perspective than the first. But my disappointment soon evaporated. This book was enjoyable, fast paced, and a nice balance between political intrigue, action and character development. ( )
  ColourfulThreads | Feb 18, 2021 |
The Queen of Attolia is a sequel to The Thief. Although this second book is much better than the first, it's helpful to read the books in order,
something which I did not do. These stories take place in a fantasy land and culture based loosely on the Greek, Roman, Persian, and Byzantine, and similiar in location to the area surrounding the Mediterranean Sea. Eugenides is a young man who holds the title of "Thief" for the Queen of Eddis, a country which neighbors Attolia. In the first novel he has stolen a valuable heirloom from Attolia, and has been flaunting that fact. In this
second book, he is captured by Attolia, punished, and then sent back to Eddis. The events center around a triangle of Eddis, Attolia, and
Eugenides, with the outside force of the Mede Empire, which hopes to spark a civil war. One of my favorite books. ( )
  resoundingjoy | Jan 1, 2021 |
Well now I know what everyone is on about. How did it take me so long to start reading this series?? ( )
  Menshevixen | Oct 13, 2020 |
I've found the audio for both this book and The Thief somewhat difficult to follow at times and I feel like I've missed quite a bit. Will likely try print for the next in the series! ( )
  mmsmcetc | Sep 17, 2020 |
Absolutely worth the read but slow until halfway through, so slow I wasn’t sure I could last.

I’m honestly not sure why people say this series is written for children. ( )
  dmturner | Jun 29, 2020 |
Fantasy succeeds to the extent that it creates a deep, totalizing world, one that invites us to suspend disbelief. For the most part, Megan Whalen Turner succeeds in ''The Queen of Attolia,'' the sequel to her Newbery Honor book, ''The Thief.'' ... ''The Queen of Attolia'' is a book to turn children into readers -- bound, one hopes, for richer fare.

Megan Whalen Turnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Natale, VinceCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stengel, ChristopherDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tippie, JoelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wyatt, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Susan Hirschman
He was asleep, but woke at the sound of the key turning in the lock.
"Nahuseresh, if there is one thing a woman understands, it is the nature of gifts. They are bribes when threats do not avail."
"Steal peace, Eugenides. Steal me some time."

Someone slid a tray of food through the slot in the bottom of the cell door. "I heard she was going to hang you but she changed her mind." said the keeper. "Don't worry, lad, she never changes it for the better."

Rotting in an Attolian prison, the Thief awaits his fate. For Eugenides has taunted the Queen of Attolia one time too many, and now he must pay.

Has the Thief's chaotic reign been cut short, or is there one more thing Eugenides can steal - this time for himself?

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,571,243 books! | Top bar: Always visible