God Made You Special by Jennifer Holder,

God Made You Special

by Jennifer Holder,

1192233,904 (4.5)None
Just as no two snowflakes are alike and no two thumbprints are the same, God made each person special. This early reader 16-page book teaches kids about the Bible and character traits.
Member:MayfairLibrary
Title:God Made You Special
Authors:Jennifer Holder,
Info:Standard Publishing Company

Work Information

God Made You Special by Jennifer Holder

Just as no two snowflakes are alike, and no two thumbprints are the same, God made each person special and unique. This story allows the reader to see deep within himself/herself to see how wonderful we are!
I love this book because it is very uplifting and encouraging. Children are able to see how beautiful they are. One of the pictures in the story is of people with different nationalities. This is a good way to teach that we are all the same and, in a sense, very much different from one another.
As a classroom extension I would give each child a piece of construction paper and have them draw a picture of themselves and color it. Then we would discuss how we look. Johnny has brown hair with blue eyes and Scott has blonde hair with freckles. My how God made us different! Then I would give each child another piece of paper and have them draw a pitcure of a friend. Each child would describe their friend and themselves to see what is different and what is the same. As an example, Sara might have brown hair like Judy but Sara's eyes are green and Judy's are blue. We would end this activity with a prayer thanking God for making us special (i realize that you can't pray in public school however I teach at a private christian school so this would be most appropriate).
  RochelleRobinson | Oct 3, 2009 |
Genesis 1:27. New. Small, easy to read book with good illustrations.
  KBCLibrary | Jul 27, 2008 |

Just as no two snowflakes are alike, and no two thumbprints are the same, God made each person special.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,686,339 books! | Top bar: Always visible