Esther: A Woman of Strength & Dignity by…

Esther: A Woman of Strength & Dignity (1997)

by Charles R. Swindoll

909514,446 (4)2

From Christianbook.com:
Everyone has a transformation story. Rags to riches. Plain to beautiful. Weak to strong. Esther's story is that, but it is much more. It is a thought-provoking study of God's individual hand, writing silently and unseen across the pages of human history. Perhaps most of all, Esther's story is the account of godly attributes like courage, dignity, wisdom, and strength... Author Chuck Swindoll interweaves an ancient, real-life story with insight not only into the virtues of Queen Esther, but into how the qualities that formed her and empowered her can be ours.
  faithluth | Apr 4, 2014 |
Esther, A Woman of Strength & Dignity : A Bible Study Guide by Charles R. Swindoll (?)
  journeyguy | Apr 2, 2013 |
Rated: B ( )
  jmcdbooks | Jan 30, 2013 |
I love these "Profiles in Character" books from Swindoll. These in-depth looks at some of the well known Biblical characters offer a lot of insight into these people. Esther is one of the more interesting books in the Bible I think, yet not one that is studied a ton (at least in my experience on Sunday mornings). I've definitely never studied Esther to the depth that Swindoll goes into. I can never do this book justice in a short review, but Swindoll slices and dices the scripture in a way that only he can. The entire book is backed up with Biblical references and there is plenty to learn hear for all people at any point in the walk. ( )
1 vote harpua | Oct 13, 2010 |
It is with great joy I dedicate this volume to our daughter Colleen Dane and our daughters-in-law Debbie Swindoll and Jeni Swindoll.
I am confident the Lord will graciously reward them for their loving and faithful commitment to their husbands and their deep and enduring dedication to their children.
As He used Esther to make a difference in her times, may He use these ladies of strength and dignity to shape and change the times in which they live.
"The power of a woman!"

Everyone loves a transforming story. Rags to riches. Plain to beautiful. Weak to strong. Esther's story is that, and much more. It is a thought-provoking study of God's invisible hand, writing silently across the pages of human history. Perhaps most of all, it is an account of a godly woman with the courage, wisdom, and strength to block an evil plot, overthrow an arrogant killer, and replace with joy in thousands of Jewish homes. Through Esther's courageous struggle to help her people, Swindoll explains the power of divine providence in volume 2 of the best-selling "Great Lives" series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:54 -0400)

Donated by the Christian Studies Department - 2002 (ABB57251).

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,122,750 books! | Top bar: Always visible