Go, Dog Go (I Can Read It All By Myself,…

Go, Dog Go (I Can Read It All By Myself, Beginner Books) (original 1961; edition 1961)

by P. D. Eastman (Author)

Member:windexperez
Title:Go, Dog Go (I Can Read It All By Myself, Beginner Books)
Authors:P. D. Eastman (Author)
Info:Random House/Beginner Books (1961), Edition: 1st, 72 pages

Go, Dog. Go! by P. D. Eastman (1961)

Recently added byprivate library, loislane38, KariMaser, Floyd3345, Tsprouse, Tiffanye79

O.W.L.s: Care of Magical Creatures->Land Animal on the Cover

I have always loved these "Dr. Seuss" books (I know it's not written under that name with this one). They have always been so much fun & cute to read/listen to. They were read to my as a child and I read quite a few to my sons and had them read them when they learned how to read.

Even now, in my 40's, I still love these books and how much they can make me smile and laugh. I believe that no matter how old I get, I will always love these and feel like a kid again when I read them or hear them read.

I listened to this one online as well. It was a video with someone reading it and had the book where you could also read along if you chose to. ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
I find "Go, Dog, Go," by P. D. Eastman is absolutely adorable! I remember reading this when I was very little. I remember finding the illustrations fascinating and extremely enjoyable. I loves his use of language and variety of dogs. It keeps the readers engaged while able to read to themselves.
  ctrain6 | Apr 17, 2019 |
Go, Dog, Go! is a children's fictional picture book. In this book you are introduced to many dogs of shape, size and color. In the end all fo the dogs end up together at the same place. This book teaches diversity and equality as well as friendship. I would use this in my classroom from k-2nd. ( )
  abeers3 | Apr 16, 2019 |
Go, Dog Go is a beginner picturebook. The book focuses on dogs and opposites. Fast dogs, slow dogs, green dogs, red dogs. The language begins as simple and then increases in difficulty. The pictures describe what is being said, which helps students decode with context clues. This picturebook is intended for grades pre-k to 2nd. I think this book is a fun read. It can encourage students to read independently. Each page is a prequel to the following pages. This sets students up for success. I enjoyed this book both as a child and as an adult. I would place this book in my classroom library. During independent reading time, this book can provide struggling students with the resources to participate in the class-wide time. I would also encourage my fellow educators to utilize this book if they are so able. ( )
  msheiv1 | Feb 28, 2019 |
Big dogs and little dogs to red, green, and blue dogs, dogs going up and dogs going fast-- in this story all of these dogs are so busy!

A great book for children to learn about their world on a bit wider scope. Fun and easy read! ( )
  KailiMarion | Dec 10, 2018 |

P. D. Eastmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Seuss, Dr.secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Seuss, Dr.secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Cluny
Dog.
“Do you like my hat?”

This book is a great book for the younger ages. It is about lots of dogs doing many different things and that are different sizes and colors. It is a very colorful book and would be a great book for beginning readers it has a lot of rhyming throughout the book. The book describes different situations that the dogs are doing like working or driving cars and stopping on red or going on green. It teaches the kids about colors and different shapes and sizes.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800206, Hardcover)

Life lessons? Romance? Literary instruction? Go, Dog. Go! offers all this and more, wrapped up in one simply worded, warmly hued package. Using single-syllable words in rhythmic repetition, and introducing colors and prepositions, this Seuss-styled classic has been an early favorite of children since 1961. For those looking for deeper meaning in a beginning reader book, here you'll find nothing less than a microcosm of life. Green dogs, yellow dogs, big dogs, little dogs. Dogs who prefer cars, dogs who favor skis. All represent the diversity a child will find in the world. And the slow-to-bud romance between the cheerfully oblivious yellow dog and the mincing pink poodle explains more succinctly than most self-help books what goes on in many grown-up relationships. Nonetheless, Eastman takes the concept of "primary" to heart, with his simple silly phrases and solidly colored illustrations. Not only will this book inspire peals of laughter in kids, it will also help them make the magical connection between those mysterious black squiggles on the page, and the words they hear and speak. (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:32 -0400)

A vocabulary-building story about dogs engaged in every imaginable type of activity.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,543,206 books! | Top bar: Always visible